Today has been a very typical quiet Sunday.
Church in the morning, followed by roast chicken for lunch ( and all the trimmings of course) and a bit of crochet in the afternoon.
Of course with Grandma here, no Sunday afternoon is complete without a game of Scrabble.
Hubby managed to create a great score of 50 by placing down only two tiles, with a face score of 9! Not bad going aye! At the end of the day though, it was Teen One who was declared the winner, although it was a close run thing between her and her dad!
Whilst playing, we all felt a bit peckish and I suddenly remembered a bargain I had spied last week!
A box of Scottish butter tablet ( a bit like home made fudge!) from £3.99 down to just 30p!! It was delicious...if only the calories reduced with the price!
For the month of August, we take a break from having Sunday school each week, which means we get an extra hour in our Sunday afternoon...infact its an extra couple of hours as there is no hanging around between the services and no clear up at the end! So with today's extra time, I managed to plant out some Swiss Chard. It looks rather weedy at the moment, I may have left it too long in the seeding pots...lets see what it looks like in a few weeks.
For tea I made a fresh cream strawberry sponge. Teen One doesn't like it when I leave the strawberry leaves on, but I think it looks so pretty like that! Sorry Teen One xxx
I saw this today, and it reminded me of Teen One shelling peas with her Grandad last week.
He is going in for an op tomorrow, so both he and Grandma are very much on our minds and in our prayers....this is for them...
"The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty..."
Zephaniah 3 v 17


Another relaxing Sunday and that strawberry sponge looks delicious, I don't suppose there is any left now though. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, we are so blessed to have such a lot of support. Xxxxxx
ReplyDeleteDitto the sentiments about granddad and grandma!
ReplyDeleteThe same here . Shelling peas - mmmm
ReplyDelete