Yesterday was the usual student filled Sunday and I never cease to be amazed at how much they can eat!
I clearly have Teens with small appetites....who'd have thought!!!
The Yorkshire's were rather a triumph yesterday, including the gluten free ones!
After two miserable attempts in recent weeks, I went online and found this one on the BBC Good Food website, which has 50g of cornflour added to the gluten free flour.
It seems to have made a significant improvement, they look more like Yorkshires than the recent hockey puck offerings!
They still taste a little different, and a bit too eggy for my liking, next time I may try one egg instead of two.
Teen Two had a cold one for supper and thought it was like eating an omelette!
However the recipient sang their praises and said I was too hard on myself, so that's the main thing.
The regular Yorkshires, whilst not traditional in their shape, were gi-normous and very well received!
A friend at church was a little upset that the last thing her late mother knitted for her granddaughter was starting to unravel.
I offered to see what I could do, hoping the pattern wasn't too complicated, and was relieved to see it was just the sewing up that had started to come undone!
Easy peasy to sort!
Easy peasy to sort!
This morning I should have gone to see my Monday Recycled Teenager of course, but sadly I had a call around 7.30am from her daughter to say she was in A&E with her.
It appears she got up in the middle of the night feeling peckish ( a good sign, she hadn't eaten properly all week) but on returning to bed, thought the stairlift was at the top of the stairs, and unfortunately it wasn't so she ended up falling half way down.
Thankfully she always wears her alarm button, so her daughter was able to dash round and help.
She has no broken bones but her blood pressure is low and she has anaemia ( no surprise given her current health issues) so we are awaiting further news.
She is unlikely to be home for a few days at least.
My usual trip to Morrisons was delayed, whilst I took "delivery" of my latest Market Research package.....tissues!!
I have a week to trial them then report back.
I had planned to take Teen Two to wash the car for me, but when the sky started to turn a strange colour, and learning it was dust from the Sahara due to Hurricane Ophelia, I decided to abandon that idea and get a small corner of the garden sorted.
This picture was taken soon after midday, and we needed to have most of the house lights on...
...particularly for Teen One who was trying to get some work done.
After his hard work clearing away garden soil, Teen Two enjoyed some chill out time with Flora, who looked chilled out herself too!
Both her and Benjy are getting along like a house on fire, which is a real treat to see, it was this time last week we had the ugly fight, we have come a long way that's for sure.
My back is taking a long time to settle, in the morning I feel little pain, but after general pottering it starts to get so painful, by the end of the day its as much as I can do to crawl up the stairs to bed!
I am hoping those pesky muscles will settle down soon.

Have you tried the heat pads that you can apply directly onto your skin? I swear by them when my back goes! Otherwise sit with you feet up and a hot water bottle on your back!
ReplyDelete