Well whilst having friends stay for a while is lovely, it does mess up the blog routine somewhat!
Not only did I not manage to take many photos, I didn't seem to have five minutes to myself anyway.
However, with our friend now back in Hull, its catch up time
A highlight for the family when we have visitors is as I am sure I have said before, having dessert every day!
Thursday I made cheats pumpkin pie, using a ready cooked pie crust and then a tin of Libby's pumpkin puree, which only needs eggs, evaporated milk and spices adding to it.
It really is yum and because of the spices used is not a million miles away from our English egg custard tart...just a slightly different texture.
Friday we drove over to my friend in the country and filled our bags with apples from her orchard.
For Friday club our story was the widow's two mites, and using denim purses and fabric paint, left over from a Holiday Bible club we ran several years ago ( and the paint hadn't dried up!) the kids enjoyed decorating them and we then gave each child two pennies to remind them of the story.
Saturday we took our friend to an Oriental buffet, which he thoroughly enjoyed, and meant I didn't have to cook for once.
Sunday we were thrilled to have one of our students fill our house with piano music for the afternoon.
She has a passion for music and played lots of lovely hymns, with the "twiddly bits" which I really love.
Teen One may have been inspired by her playing as she is having a tinker on the ivories as I type!
Today was all about getting back into routine, although there were lots of little extras to fit in.
Grandma had a fall on the bus on Saturday and didn't stop after lunch yesterday for her usual game of Scrabble, wanting to go to bed instead, so I wanted to check on her....apart from being achey she is ok.
I then was waiting in for the roofer who was coming to check the conservatory leak, but he didn't arrive as his son was sent home from nursery so that put me all behind with visiting my Monday Recycled Teenager.
Flora the bunny had her vaccine at lunch time and the ENT department changed Teen Two's microsuction treatment to lunch time too, so it was a mad dash from one place to the other, followed by the Morrison's trip which I hadn't managed to fit in this morning.
The lovely weather meant I was able to get the bedlinen dried and for October the weather felt pretty comfortable, I didn't have a coat or cardi all day, but its starting to feel a bit chilly now.
It will soon be time to light the wood burner.
The fireplace has got its first autumn decoration....a 75p pumpkin!
Just need some pretty leaves, conkers, acorns etc, I really love this time of year!
I am looking forward to a chill out tonight and maybe even a bit of knitting!

Sounds like a lovely few days! I must admit to putting the heating on last night! However, this morning, I need to turn it off again! It's that time of year!
ReplyDelete