This morning I was stuck at home waiting for the roofer to come, and thankfully he came fairly early and was up on the glass roof trying to track down the reason for our leak.
Whilst he did that, I cleaned the conservatory windows, the sun is certainly lovely but it does show up every mark!
The roofer found a piece of flashing that was "smiling" (unstuck) and thinks that probably happened on the first day it was laid, as that night we had heavy rain which probably undermined the glue.
He cleaned it all off and laid new flashing, and if that doesn't solve the problem he has another plan, I do hope for his sake this is it, I feel sorry for the man hours he is losing to this problem.
It is testament to his good character that he keeps coming back to resolve it for us.
The rest of the morning was spent ironing, usual laundry and cleaning chores and then finally getting on with preparing the apples for the freezer.....we had several bags from my friends orchard.
They have been outside in the garden since picking them last Friday so I wasn't too surprised to see some visitors...
...snails must have a good sense of smell!
So every so often, as I blindly put my hand into a bag to pull out another apple...out would come a passenger!
Teen One often helps me with this job....she will be glad to have had coursework to do today as she is not keen on garden critters....
...and even I was a little surprised to have this little fella come to say hello!
So after an afternoon of peeling, dicing and bagging, I have a cornucopia of apples????
No I have two freezer drawers full of apples having shared my afternoon with a cornucopia of snails!

But it's a job well done!
ReplyDelete