Thursday, 16 November 2017

What A "Tweet" Freebie!

 
This morning was Parent and Toddlers as usual, followed by a quick trip to Aldi ( but they didn't have the gluten free products I wanted!) and then dropping Grandma and our Dear Old Friend home.
On the way I noticed a sign "Free...help yourself!"
When I took a second look, there were hand made bird boxes lined up....well I cant resist anything free, let alone something so tweet and useful!
So I hoped I wasn't being greedy by taking two, but intend to give one away.
 
 
Yesterday I had asked our Dear Old Friend to pick out some hymns for the funeral of my Monday Recycled Teenager.
Being ever organised, she brought it along today for me.
With the piece of paper folded over, I only noticed the long list of suggestions to start with, thinking how good it was she gave us so many to choose from.
But which ones to choose?
Then I turned the paper over and saw she had written "Hymns from their Golden Wedding Anniversary Celebration"
They were:
 
Great is Thy Faithfulness
How Great Thou Art (the nation's favourite...and Hubby's too!)
The Lord's my Shepherd
 
I immediately thought how perfect they were...not only great hymns (and the family has asked us to choose well known ones) but they were ones chosen by the late couple, so must have been their favourites!
I am so thankful Our Dear Friend was so organised and had obviously kept a record/diary of that day.
Although I was there, no way could I tell you what we sang!
 
 
 
 
 
My delivery from West Yorkshire Spinners has arrived and you know what its like when new yarn/fabric arrives...you are itching to get on with it!!
I love the colours chosen.
The multi colour is Kingfisher, from the British Birds collection, and the solid colour is Spearmint.
I had intended knitting one of the students a pair of socks using the left overs, and so wanted the "perfect" match....since ordering it I have of course discovered the two students are now "an item" so I will do one pair an inverse of the other.
 
 
 
 
 
Well with the new wool calling out to me....with the washing sorted, dinner organised and fire laid for tonight, I indulged in an afternoon of knitting, so I could get this pair of trainer socks out of the way, also for our student who likes to take her shoes off and relax in slipper socks.
She often forgets to bring a pair, so borrows a pair of Teen One's...no problem with that at all, but with no knitting on the go on Sunday, I decided to use left over yarn to whip up a pair which she could leave here.
I realised when I finished the first sock I wouldn't have enough for the second, so was going to have to incorporate other left over yarn.
 
 
Going through my stash, the Bullfinch red grey and white looked the best match...as there is a red grey and white chequered design in the pattern....but I think the mishmash colour on the toe is actually a better match and I wish I had used that on the heel....but it didn't look so good on the ball!
However, they are only for wearing around the house so it won't matter.
 
So, with dinner out of the way and kitchen cleared up, you can guess what I am about to do...cast on that lovely new yarn!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. enjoy - I guess that new yarn is just the same as new fabric? Lush!

    ReplyDelete