We have had some lovely clear nights recently ( probably because it has also been cold!)
On a whim, we sent texts to the students and invited them for some hot chocolate and a chips supper on top of our local hill.
They were all surprisingly excited at the prospect of wrapping up late at night (well 9.30pm is late for me anyway!) and admiring the view of city by night.
With the basket packed up, we then stopped off at a local chippy and ordered two large chips...which were still steaming hot when we reached our destination.
We sat huddled on a picnic rug, enjoying the freshly made chips and each others company.
Hubby and one of the students are into their star gazing, so we were all given a lesson on the whereabouts of various constellations.
We managed to pin point roughly where we all lived down below in the city and just generally enjoy watching the lights of the city.
Hubby has a luminous Frisbee, so the evening ended with a fun game...although its not as luminous as it used to be that's for sure, but that added to the fun!
Today was the day I received the phone call we have been expecting...to say my dear Monday Recycled Teenager finally passed away.
For her, she is free from pain and suffering and we could not wish her back.
Her family and those who knew her for so long now mourn the loss of a good mother, grandmother and friend.
My Mondays will never be the same again, just like my Wednesdays are not the same without our dear family friend who lived in the dementia home, and Thursdays are not the same with my neighbours no longer here.
For the past decade my days have been allocated to various people and they are still etched in my mind.
Yesterday I was given a box by our family friend, which contained old knitting patterns.
I was interested to note the box was originally from the War Office and labelled
"On His Majesty's Service"
I am so used to seeing "Her Majesty" it looked rather odd.
I am so used to seeing "Her Majesty" it looked rather odd.
Many of the patterns were truly vintage!
It was interesting to see the various places they had been collected...
South Shields, Lowestoft, Cosham.
There was also a notebook with hand written knitting patterns in...maybe one day I might knit one of them up!
Today I got myself organised for kick starting my little knitting needles business, and am hoping to get a good few made over the weekend in the hopes some sales come my way.
Things have changed a lot in the decade since I embarked on it, with Etsy and Facebook Marketplace, so I will have to educate myself on the new outlets.
Friday club kick started the Christmas crafts...yes I know its still November, but we only have a few weeks left before we will have the Carol Service and Christmas Party so its not as early as it might seem.
The Teens have gone to Winchester with the students for a YP Bible study followed by pizza, so its a quiet night for Hubby and I.


No comments:
Post a Comment