Monday, 20 November 2017

Feeling Frustrated With Ford!

 
 
With Grandma away for the weekend, yesterday was a Scrabble free day!
With just four of us around the dinner table, it really was a quiet affair!
Hubby then was out preaching in Winchester, one of the students swatting, and the other snoozing on the sofa in front of the fire...
 
 
... I was able to indulge in some sock knitting.
I am not sure I started the heel change of colour in the right place....I started at the heel flap and ended it when the heel shaping was done, but I wish I had started it part way down the flap.
Oh well....lesson learned for next time.
 
The Teens arrived at church just as our evening service was starting, it was great to see them back safe and sound.
Everyone came back for supper of pizza and chips and our new loved up couple were happy to be back together after their longest time apart...all six days of it!
 
 
 
This morning I had to take the car into Ford to have the sensors checked.
Teen One then came and picked me up from the nearby Tesco once the shopping was done.
 
Back home for just half an hour Ford rang to say the car could be collected and as there was a claim against me, I wasn't to have the car fixed until their specialists had checked the sensors.
Ermmmmm.....well its a bit late to tell me that isn't it!
And what was today's appointment all about then?
The day after I had the little mishap Ford's were the first people I rang, I explained the sensor hadn't gone off, so having told me they didn't have an accident repair shop on site, and where I should take the car, she then booked me in today's appointment (well actually it was for last week but that's another story!) to have the sensors checked.
So why tell me now I shouldn't have it repaired!
When I went to collect the car after lunch the assistant went through the matter again, not to have the car repaired etc ( surely they could see it had been repaired!) and when I queried the fact I had already been referred to the accident repair shop, he replied "well it is a bit of a grey area I must admit, we are never sure whether to advise clients to talk to the insurance company or ourselves first!"
So I am not sure where that leaves me if we want to complain to Ford that the accident was partially caused because of faulty sensors (which of course worked perfectly on today's test!)
They have referred the matter to their customer relations team so I may wait a while and see if they come back to me.
 
The rest of the day has been fairly mundane, mounds of washing, beds to change etc.
Tonight we have the family of my Monday Recycled Teenager coming round to discuss funeral arrangements so the Teens are banished from the living room for the evening and probably the cats too as I think one of the family members is allergic.
 
 
 
 

1 comment: