Tuesday, 14 November 2017

From Surrogate Mother To Agony Aunt!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
As you all know, we have three students at our church at the moment...well technically one is not a student, as he graduated last year.
They are at our house most weekends and mid week too and have become a part of our family.
The only girl sent us a lovely card on our anniversary last week, addressing it to her
"surrogate parents," I must admit, I felt rather honoured to be considered suitable for such a role!
Having the young 'uns round so often, it hasn't been hard to notice two of them start to get close.
This morning however I was not expecting an early morning text saying
"can I call you please?"
It was the young lady, who tentatively told me she and one of the young men were now an item
(well needless to say I didn't need telling, I had seen it blossom in my living room!) and could I advise her on how to tell her parents today, when she meets up with them!
Poor thing, she was soooo worried.
Not knowing her parents, it was tricky to know how they would react, but I assured her that as parents, being told our daughter had a boyfriend would not be up there as a serious concern!
 
 
 
 
With the unexpected phone call finished, I then dashed round to clear up and then take the car to my local Ford dealership to have the sensors checked.
I went prepared with my knitting intending to spend the time at a local Costa.
Unfortunately when they realised there was a claim against me, they said the car would have to be kept in all day.
Well I didn't want to be hanging around an industrial estate all day, and with no courtesy car available I re arranged the check for next week when Teen One can taxi me there (what goes around comes around!)
So, with time on my hands I popped in to town and got a few errands run before coming home to catch up on the washing.
 
 
I then indulged in some sock knitting, not least because I now what to knit a pair of his and her socks when the new yarn arrives!!!
 
 
 

 
For dinner I made a chicken pie, using 100% wholemeal flour....but I think next time I will go half and half...it had a bitter aftertaste I thought.
Noone else complained though.
 
 
With the rag end left over I made a quiche for Hubby to take to work tomorrow.
No looker but will hopefully be tasty.
I must admit, it stank the house out!
I used the pecorino cheese I bought last week and only Hubby liked....I am NEVER buying that again!
 
Tonight Teen One and I are really looking forward to the second episode of "Secret Life of Four Year Olds" could watch that sort of programme all day long! And of course there will be some sock knitting too!
 
Today is a milestone kind of day....one hundred years ago my paternal grandmother was born.
She was the eldest of 16, left school to help her mother look after twins ( who were born after about nine other children!) and was expecting her middle child the same time as her mother was expecting her youngest child! How strange that must have felt!
 
 
 

1 comment: