With yet another night of relatively no sleep and the pain not getting any better plus my energy levels dropping more every day, there was nothing for it but to get an appointment with the doctor.
I am very thankful that our doctors make it possible to see you any day...it may not be the doctor you want, but that has never worried me, I figure, if I am that ill, anyone will do!
All my stats were taken and the symptoms listened to.
All my stats were elevated, heart rate, oxygen levels, temperature, blah blah blah.
The diagnosis was, pleurisy.
I was given some antibiotics and told to go back in two days if I wasn't seeing an improvement.
The rest of the day was spent in a blur on the sofa.
Just going to the doctors seemed to have sapped me of every last ounce of energy.
The Teens were great and between them sorted out the tea and the washing ( funny how no one thinks about that isn't it!) whilst I didn't even have the strength to keep my eyes open...if only sleep followed!
I sent Hubby a text saying bring some milk in and pizza from the supermarket (I would fall ill when a big shop was due!) incase I wasn't feeling better the next day.
He has chosen two lovely pizzas....but its as well he isn't the one usually doing the shopping...fresh top of the range pizzas don't come cheap!
I went to bed early and spent another night in that miserable bolt upright position, longing to be able to lie down.


Pleurisy is dreadful - that's how I ended up in hospital a couple of years ago. Take care of yourself x
ReplyDelete