Today is of course Mother and Toddler day.
We had to cancel last week as I was of course ill and so was one of our helpers.
Today it was Grandma's turn to be ill, but we felt we could carry on as she "only made the cups of tea"
Well....it was like many things in life, you never realise how much is involved until you have to do it!
There is of course far more to Grandma's morning than "just making cups of tea" and I felt quite exhausted trying to do my usual activities as well as "just making the tea."
One of our helpers gave me three packs of leaf mosaic coasters. She had bought them with the toddlers in mind, but like a lot of things you buy without actually seeing, she felt the mosaics were too small for little ones to use.
So she has given them to me to use with the older children.
I am looking forward to using them, but it will be next autumn now as we are about to start our Christmas crafts.
I brought a stack of card home from church today, for Teen One and I to cut out ready for making some angels tomorrow.
I left the stack neatly in the hall, but became curious about one of the cats running up and down the stairs constantly and the strange rustling noise that followed.
When I went to investigate it would appear she was having a great game of sliding on the shiny cards!
No doubt running down the stairs then landing on the card and sliding!
I wish I had gone out earlier and caught her in the act!
Hubby came home bearing gifts for the Teens.
A teeny Pudsey bear for Teen Two ( pic to follow!) and a Pudsey hair band for Teen One to wear to college tomorrow.
Thursday nights have become "Mum's Taxi Service" night.
Teen One has piano lessons one end of town and twenty minutes later, Teen Two has football the other side of town.
By the time I have dropped Teen Two off, its time to collect Teen One.
There is then about a fifteen minute break before I have to go and collect Teen Two.
Generally, I pop home, clear the kitchen etc then go out again, but tonight the traffic was very bad so I dropped Teen One home to do some chores and then went straight on for Teen Two.
I had told Teen One to get my keys out of the bag....what I hadn't realised was, she had picked out the church keys ( which has a similar amount of the same looking keys on as the house keys)
Having realised she had the wrong keys, and me half way down the road, she went to our neighbour who has a spare set.
That should have been the end of the story, but unfortunately the key in that set is a bit our of kilter, a little bit of jiggling is needed to get it in the lock correctly...poor Teen One couldn't make it work no matter how hard she tried.
So, instead, she had to squish down in our tiny porch and await our return.
As it happened Hubby was home first and was of course surprised to find her stuck outside of the front door.
We will have to make sure she takes her bag in future, so she has everything she needs for an emergency, phone, keys etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment