Whilst I am feeling heaps better than I have been, I decided that I would take one more day easy and concentrate on getting today's roast cooked instead of fitting it around church.
After a fairly full on day in the kitchen one way or another, I am now feeling quite winded so am glad I made the decision to stay home.
With Christmas being just around the corner, I am trying to get the Friday Kids Club presents organised.
This morning, with the veggies prepped and the roast in the oven, I sat down for an hour and went through the register, listing down the "regulars" "only been once" "just started" etc.
With over 70 on the books, I also needed to get all their ages down and separate the genders, to make it easier when choosing gifts.
Tomorrow I will try and match up what I have bought already and then see what is missing...its going to be the bulk that is missing I think, despite my early buys a couple of weeks back.
I am hoping to get a large number online.
I discovered Hawkins Bazaar have a good clearance section, some items are 70% off! I hope I can get most of what I need there in the week.
As usual, we gave Grandma her weekly game of Scrabble.
For once I nearly won! I managed to more than double my score half way through the game by getting two words on a triple square.
Sadly, I was lumbered with the Q and didn't see a U for the entire game!
Hubby had two of them and used them right at the end, ending the game with his last three tiles.
By the time the Q came off my score and onto his, it meant he won...not that I am sore of course!
Tea was our usual traditional fare and I still love using this very useful present from a couple of years ago!
It keeps the cake fresh as well as looking pretty on the worktop.
The challenge was to buy something from a charity shop and upcycle it
What a clever idea to use an old trifle bowl as a cake lid!
My house is full of upcycled gifts...they have got to be the best don't you think!

That sounds like my perfect day! I agree re the up cycled gift - how lucky we are to have such talent in the family x
ReplyDelete