We woke this morning to the sound of rain beating against the bedroom window and very gusty winds.
Now had we plans to do anything today that would no doubt have been disappointing to hear, but seeing as we had planned a "take it as we find it" day, my first thought was the apple tree at the top of our road, laden with fruit.....just think how many apples may have fallen in this wind!
So later on in the day, I sent Teen One along with a carrier to collect what she could see.
It wasn't as many as I had hoped for....and there was as much wastage as there was fruit....but any free fruit is always gratefully received in this house.
I have made an Eve's Pudding for tomorrow's dessert.
There are still plenty more apples on the tree and I will be keeping a close eye out for any more fallers.
For lunch today I made the butternut squash and sweet potato soup I mentioned yesterday.
Along with one of Morrison's Coburg cobs heated in the oven and lashings of butter, it made for a hearty meal.
During the afternoon we sat down as a family and watched "Five Children and It"
An easy to watch heartwarmingly funny family movie.
I kept my fingers busy with the knitting needles and Teen One set about a task I had set her of creating flowers from giant pipecleaners.
They are for tomorrow's Sunday School.
With it being Remembrance Sunday, Hubby is speaking on flowers as the link, and wanted a quick activity for the children to do at the end.
Since my kitchen dresser has been refurbished, I have been irritated by the old cup hooks still on there.
Not only were they too small for the mugs we now use, they were rather drab looking to say the least.
I mentioned to Hubby the other day it would be nice to get some bigger ones some time.
Yesterday evening he said to me "how do you like your new cup hooks then?"
New cup hooks??
I hadn't noticed anything different when I took down a mug a few hours earlier!
A quick dash to the kitchen proved that I did indeed have new cup hooks!
How had I not noticed that?
No doubt the next time I went to put the mugs on I would have noticed...wouldn't I?
What a star he is...I had no sooner asked than it was done!
What a lovely hubby. It reminds me of my mother who didn't notice telephone extension points had been installed so that dad could give her some telephones for Christmas many moons ago!
ReplyDelete