Last night was rather a long one, although I can't account for all the hours, so clearly I did get some sleep! My body must be adjusting to the unusual sleeping position!
The first thing I noticed was....not the beautiful vase of red roses....they were the second thing....the first thing was...I could open my eyes...and keep them open!
I hadn't managed to do that without a lot of struggle for days!
I then sat there and thought...hmm....I think I could actually get out of bed without too much effort!
It was then I noticed the lovely the beautiful roses hubby had brought it yesterday, but I wasn't really with it enough to appreciate.
Teen One was due in court today ...sounds bad doesn't it! Thankfully it was part of her psychology course!
I had promised to drop her off ages ago, but yesterday said I was unlikely to be able to do it, however, having managed a bath and getting dressed....I felt almost back to normal, as whilst not able to take on anything involving a lot of effort...driving didn't seem to pose any problems.
So for the first time in a few days I felt part of the human race again!
When I got home I felt like some breakfast, and then as I could feel a few palpitations, decided to be a good girl and take it easy for a while.
After watching some catch up programmes I then felt able to put away some washing, put some more loads on, and generally potter.
I had lunch at lunchtime and then spent the afternoon on the sofa.
Its amazing the difference 3or 4 little antibiotics can bring about isn't it!
As the title of today's blog suggests, today is our wedding anniversary.
Twenty two years ago hubby and I "eloped" to Gretna Green!
We have always bought each other a small gift following the traditional anniversary list, and for the "in between" years, use the year we are celebrating and the corresponding letter of the alphabet.
If you haven't quiet followed, this year we had to look for something beginning with "V"
At first I struggled to come up with anything, but then remembered hubby's car is a Vauxhall Vectra...there must be something I can buy related to that!
After a peruse on ebay, I found what I thought was the almost perfect gift...a Vintage ( counts as a V too!) Vauxhall Vectra Parker pen!
Hubby has a "thing" about several items..one of which is pens!
Had the picture of the car been blue it would have been perfect.
For me, he made excellent choices....a Yankee Candle Jar fragranced "Vanilla Cupcake", some home made vanilla fudge, which he had bought at the Pumpkin festival ( forward thinking!) and a box of chocs (I guess we can forgive him the lack of a V on that one!)
If you are ever have the pleasure of finding yourself in Massachusetts USA, then you really must take a trip to the Yankee Candle store there.
It's the home of Yankee Candle and is almost a village its so big!
We had never heard of Yankee Candle before we lived in Connecticut almost twenty years ago, and I feel sure they weren't available here then.
Nowadays they pop up in most places and are big on shopping channels of course.
Nowadays they pop up in most places and are big on shopping channels of course.
Teen One designed and hand drew this beautiful card for us.
I remember being about eight years old and asking my primary school teacher how to spell anniversary.
She wasn't completely sure...I remember the shock of discovering teachers didn't actually KNOW everything!
I will ensure Teen One's future pupils know how to spell it :)
So life it seems, is getting back to normal
I am sad to have missed the fun of the past few days, we had looked forward to it all so much, but I am grateful that my family have pulled together to try and keep things ticking along and of course their constant " are you ok" "is there anything you want?"
To see Teen Two's face about an hour ago, when he came home from school and found me up and about and my usual chirpy chatty self, was a picture.
He fist pumped the air and gave a loud cheer, then gave me a big hug.
He fist pumped the air and gave a loud cheer, then gave me a big hug.
He has felt the last few days more than anyone...probably more than the misery I was in!
Hopefully tonight we can celebrate our anniversary with those posh pizzas, and be ever thankful for the health and strength we all so often take for granted.



Happy Anniversary to both of you - and glad to see that you're on the mend x
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary - and what a romantic husband u have!
ReplyDelete