If cloning were possible I may just have considered it over the past few days!
Now I understand for some, the idea of more than one of me is enough to send them running, but oh how I could have done with more than one of me since Friday!
In brief, Friday was all about the Kids Club party, not a lot else got done in any shape or form.
By 9pm we had sent away 41 happy, sugar hyped and red faced children, having laughed, cheered and ran through all the party games, cleared up the debris, set the church ready for Sunday and finally crashed out on the sofa!
One would have thought that after all the exertion sleep would be easy, well falling asleep was, but by 2am I as awake and unable to fall back to sleep, so I came downstairs, made a cuppa, put on the TV and did some knitting!
It was if my body was craving all the things I had been denied throughout the day!
I was able to finish off the "hers" socks....
...and wrap them ready for giving to the recipient on Sunday.
When Hubby awoke around 4am and realised I was missing, he too came down and had a cuppa with me!
By 5am we were both back where we should be and didn't surface till around 9am!
We enjoyed another cuppa, in the comfort of bed this time, just chilling and considering the goals of the day, which for Hubby wasn't going to be very much....but then I suddenly remembered I hadn't closed the windows at church after the party!!!
So poor Hubby had to throw some clothes on to drive round and see what damage had been done by passing vandals.
As we have just had the interior painted I was dreading hearing it had graffiti everywhere and generally trashed.
Thankfully all was fine...because we learnt later, Grandma had closed the window!
The rest of the day was spent playing catch up.
I didn't stop once it seemed, only to sup the soup I had made and eat the simple pasta dish I made for dinner.
I kept expecting to get to the end of the chores and indulge in some crochet, but the endless essential chores just kept coming!
Hubby has had a cold trying to catch him since Weds and he finally succumbed to it, spending most of Saturday on the chair suffering in silence.
Teen One spent the entire day...and evening in the dining room working on her presentation.
She needed some advice of the fabric sort....yayyyy I get to play and help out!!
I did ask if it was a bit naughty getting help from home to which she replied
"Evie's dad has done the whole lot for her!!!"
Hmmm....naughty naughty indeed!
Behind the curtains the lesson plans etc are stored.
The theme was, as you can see, about a little black girl called Grace, who was told she could not play Peter Pan as she was not only a girl, she was black!
Despite my suggestions Teen One print off the paperwork that went with the presentation, she was so tired from the non stop work for two days, she said she would do it in the morning.....I am not a fan of doing important things that last minute, experience suggests there will always be an unexpected hiccup!
Sunday was church as usual, but without Hubby, who was feeling so rotten could barely function.
The students came round as usual ( minus one) where we had, by request, Christmas dinner, complete with crackers.
It was our last meal with them altogether, although sadly one had to go to Dorset unexpectedly for the day, but we plated him up a dinner to have in the evening.
As anyone who has cooked a Christmas dinner will know, it is hectic, with so many dishes to prepare, so I was extra busy, even with the help of the two girls.
However, it was enjoyed by all so always makes it worthwhile.
Our "loved up " couple sat at the piano, playing and singing carols together, it made a lovely background for me as I was busy in the kitchen.
The afternoon was not exactly leisurely, whilst Teen One continued with her work, the students helped me with the present wrapping for the Friday kids.
It took the entire afternoon and we only just finished in time for a quick tea then back out to church.
After church it was back to our house again, with the "missing student" who then ate his first English Christmas dinner.
We had saved cooking the Christmas pudding, so we could enjoy that together, but I think maybe it wasn't to our Malaysian friend's taste as he politely refused a portion, saying the dinner was wonderful (and it was a HUGE plateful!) he didn't have any room left!
We pulled more crackers, and gave them all a little pile of presents, which of course they weren't expecting.
It was lovely to see their faces, as we had of course hand picked items especially for them.
By bedtime I was of course shattered and glad that the morning held no commitments.
Hubby woke feeling too unwell for work.....which is very telling as he rarely takes time off work!
Teen One was up early to get her work printed off...and what do know....
...the PC had a gazillion updates so she couldn't access the printer!!!!
Thankfully, with Hubby home, he was able to come up with a way to by pass the main PC and after a very fraught hour the work was finally printed off.
Teen One did have a couple of back ups, which is why she wasn't too worried about printing it off yesterday evening, she could have taken her USB stick to Uni, or got her work partner to print it off, but thankfully neither back ups were needed, but I gave her that little lecture I regularly give her dad
"don't leave it to the last minute where the PC is concerned...there is always a hiccup!"
The morning for me was spent on the sofa, finally writing out the cards.
I did try to post them later in the afternoon, but realised as I joined the end of a very large queue, I only had my credit card and the Post Office only accept Debit cards!
At least I didn't get to the end of the queue, let the assistant weigh all the overseas cards, then "sell" me over 50 stamps before I realised I had no means to pay!
At least I didn't get to the end of the queue, let the assistant weigh all the overseas cards, then "sell" me over 50 stamps before I realised I had no means to pay!
With the cards done I managed to do some clearing up ( how does it pile up so quickly!), and get a few loads of laundry done.
We didn't have any snow ( sadly) so I guess life is a little easier in some ways with roads clear for driving etc, meaning Teen One had safe journeys to and from Uni and I was able to retrieve my car from where I had parked it last night, unusually not in our own street.
Dinner was easy, left overs from yesterday, with some cream added to the gravy "Grandma style."
Hopefully tomorrow will be another catch up day and I can start making piles in the attic of family presents and see what stage I am at!
So, another one of me...or maybe two, would have been very useful, but I guess most will say one of me is enough!!






At least its all done now and you can relax -yes?
ReplyDeletewishful thinking!
ReplyDelete