Monday, 4 December 2017

Golden Ticket Anyone?

 
The Christmas decorating is just about finished, just the cards to write...and oh yes...the presents to sort!
Decorating the house is always a time to bring out gifts, many of which are handmade, from family and friends.
I do love this one FQ2FF made a few years ago, and have a smaller version ( which I believe was a gift tag) hanging in the hall.
 
 
This delightful nativity scene was a Christmas card one year ( also FQ2FF)
 
 
My bunting was from several years ago, when I was involved in a monthly swap throughout the year.
 
 
The fireplace is always bedecked with lights and stockings, and candles are lit in the personalised hand painted glasses...gifts from many years ago.
 
 
In the dining room I keep things a bit simpler, we only use this room at weekends ( well aside from Teen One doing her work in there and the clothes horse stacked high with laundry!)
 
 
Grandma and Grandad in Devon Lincolnshire, often treat us to M&S special musical biscuit tins...all of which come out at this time of year...the conservatory shelf is the idea place to have them all on show together.
 
 
Not even the hall escapes the Christmas treatment...which personally I think is quite modest....but when Grandma came in and checked out each room she declared it to be "over the top!"
 
 
 
 
After taking Grandma shopping in Morrisons, then calling in to the home of my Late Monday Recycled Teenager, to collect some plate stands we had been offered, I went into town with Teen Two.
His new specs needed collecting and I wanted to pop into Poundland to get some bits and bobs for the Friday Club party this week.
 
 
One of our students had recommended a game that entails dressing someone up, in groups.....reindeer antlers were one of the suggested items, so I was pleased to see some also in Poundland.
We will need to double check the rules of the game as it was all a bit sketchy when we were discussing it.
 
 
Back home Teen Two tried out his new specs ( for long distance use) and it was a real surprise to see him smile so much when he realised how much clearer the TV was now!!
As you can see there the bunnies were enjoying their sofa time.
 
 
 
When we were getting Teen Two's glasses, the assistant presented him with a "Golden Ticket"
Well as you can imagine his face lit up...what was his prize to be we both wondered ( well maybe I had already figured it out actually!) Was it the chance to go on a cruise? A new car maybe? A tour of the Specsavers factory ( now wouldn't that be exciting....not!)
Nope....it was money off a second pair of glasses for the next 6months!
Very slightly over campaigned I would say!
 
 
 
 
I decided the inverse sock patterning was just not working, so unpicked it and am now trying to get back to where I was. I am much happier with it this way, even if the socks will be ankle socks instead.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I seem to recall that Grandma made the same comment last year! Ah well, I love the understated look!

    ReplyDelete