Starting with last night, we had an amazing supper, courtesy of our Malaysian medical student.
It was a set meal for four, fed eight of us very well (possibly too well!) and enough left over for our dinner tonight...so no cooking for me yayyy!
This morning was Parent and Toddlers as usual and with Teen One with us we cleared up in super quick time!
Which was just as well, as we then had the task of filling the giant papermache snowball my late father in law made, with presents for tomorrow's Carol Service.
With each name ticked for the third and final check on the register I am glad that job is out of the way and will be relieved tomorrow when I can be 100% sure every child has a gift!
Back home, after a quick sandwich, Teen One and I retired to the attic to get cracking with the present wrapping.
It was pure delight for me to just pile up the various family member's gifts and then leave Teen One to wrap them.
We had quite a conveyor belt system going on and I also got to tidy up the room, which has been somewhat trashed for the past couple of weeks!
There are still one or two tricky folk to buy for...oh yes...and the "cracker" presents, but other than that things are looking presentably organised....finally!
Hubby has a day of leave to take before the end of the year, so we are thinking of going to London on Monday.
Lego Brick Live have a special Christmas event in the Saatchi Gallery, which of course he and Teen Two will enjoy, but Teen One and I are all Lego'ed out for the time being, so will explore the Kings Road Chelsea which is close by...hopefully I will find something unusual for those tricky folk!
With no dinner to cook, I was able to indulge in some mid afternoon knitting.
Using the left over yarn from the dolly quilt, I am using a preemie baby pattern to make a little dolly's cardi, and if there is enough left over a hat as well.
All in all the stress levels are starting to fall considerably and I am beginning to enjoy the festive preparations!




Good -I am glad that you are beginning to enjoy Christmas !
ReplyDelete