Tuesday, 24 January 2017

On A Downward Spiral With The Spiraliser!

This morning, for some reason, I awoke at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep.
Hubby got up at 5.30am, so I went downstairs to make a cup of tea, brought it back to bed with me and after half an hour, managed to doze a little until Hubby came in to say goodbye around 7.10am.
Needless to say I have been a little tired most of the day and am looking forward to a quiet and early evening.
 
 
I pottered in the morning, getting some chores out of the way ...which included finding the final homes for some Christmas presents!
Part way through the morning a friend called, she was visiting the school opposite, and had half an hour before her appointment, so it was a good excuse to make a cuppa.
 
 
A friend I have been trying to meet up with for months finally gave me a lunch date, which neither of us had to cancel!
I went to her house, and had a lovely bowl of homemade soup, it was delicious, and even more so because I hadn't had to make it!
We had a cuppa and catch up her in conservatory, which had underfloor heating, so combined with the glorious sun coming through, we were toasty warm!
 
 
When I arrived home the living room had a group of Teen One's fellow students sprawled out on the floor, with various books, pieces of paper and the like.
They had a team assignment to do today instead of going into Uni and we offered to host it.
I had left out a plate of chocolate panettone, but they must have not been hungry ( what ...a Teen not hungry!!???) as it was still there when they left!
Now I just need to resist the temptation!
Better pack it up for lunches pretty quick I think!
 
 
I decided to try out my spiralizer tonight, to go with the lemon chicken I had in the oven.
Well....I failed miserably to work out how to use it, so it will have to wait for the engineer of the family to come home and see if he can do it!
I must admit I did give in pretty quickly, having assumed it would be easy to do, to discover the carrot had no intention of staying on the spikes!
Then when I brought it near the blade it just fell over....several times...so I just gave up and we had cous cous  instead!
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. try courgette - its softer so should be easier to work with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only they weren't in short supply! Not a sign of them in the supermarkets right now and even broccoli was restricted to max of three per customer yesterday!

      Delete