Friday, 23 September 2016

Salad Spinner Fun!

 
Today was the last day of our friends visit,
he is great company, and enjoys our family life...not least because we are more laid back than his own!
Once he had gone home, I had some baking to do ahead of a family day out we are having tomorrow.
I had wanted to make some flapjack, and had to half empty one of the cupboards to get the oats out....queue Milly taking up residence whilst my back was turned!
She is a funny cat!
 
 
I added dried apricots, fresh blueberries and pumpkin seeds to the *basic mixture.
 
 
For the kids who will also be attending the family day tomorrow, I made Oreo cupcakes...annoyingly I couldn't find my piping nozzles, so just used the piping bag without one...I don't expect the kids will notice!
I had told Teen One I was making them, and when I showed her the end product she said "Oh I had thought you were putting the Oreo in the bottom of the cakecase"
Sounds like a good idea...I will do that next time!
 
 
 
Dinner needed to be quick and easy, so using the chilli left over from earlier in the week, I put together some fajitas....a real favourite in this household....tortillas are so versatile!
 
 
 
Our Friday Club Bible story tonight was Shadrach Meshack and Abedego in the fiery furnace....for the activity we put a "ball of fire" in an old salad spinner.... some children drew on people before the next stage....adding some drops of watered down paint (orange,yellow and red) before putting the lid on and getting on with the exciting part!
 
 
The kids loved using the spinner, seeing how fast they could turn it...and the effect is rather impressive too.
Its always a popular activity and unlike many painting activities is dry by the end of the session so can be taken straight home.
 
Tomorrow we are going to a Family Technology Workshop, looking at the pros and cons of technology in our kids lives and how to use it safely and wisely.
It should be an informative day.
Games and food is provided and I am sure it will a great day...I will let you know tomorrow!
 
 
*Basic Flapjack Recipe
 
125g (4oz) marg
125g (4oz) soft brown sugar
75g (3oz) golden syrup
250g(8oz) rolled oats
dash of lemon juice
 
Melt the marg, sugar and syrup in a pan.
Add the lemon juice and oats
Stir well
Bake  180 f Gas 4
 25-30 mins
 

*
 
"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want"
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment