Monday, 5 September 2016

God Had A Better Plan!

 
 
I have been waiting for this morning, since we had the alarming news two weeks ago that Teen Two did not have a place at college.
Needless to say, my mind has been filled with "what next" ever since.
I don't know if it was the caffeine in the coke I had when we were out, or the coffee I had at church in the morning...or just my mind refusing to shut down, but despite being tired, at 3am I hadn't managed to fall asleep!
At 9.30am, no doubt with bigger bags and darker circles under my eyes than normal, Teen Two and I set off for college...with much trepidation from myself, but being upbeat for his sake.
I am relieved to say the meeting went well and he has been  given a place on their "Aspire" course.
The course is for students who are high achievers but slow learners, or who may have missed a lot of schooling last year due to illness or a disruption in their life.
They are all expected to go on to a level one or two course within a year or two.
It is a small class and will be aimed at their level.
It all sounds good, and I am not foolish enough to think it will be plain sailing, but I feel its a better course than the original one...which he should never have been encouraged to apply for.
Its all very well careers officers saying "it's their choice, parents are not entitled to make that for them" but at the end of the day, we are in a better position to know their capabilities and also see forward a few years and know there just aren't they jobs out there or they are too highly sought after.
College admitted a catalogue of errors and apologised for the painful route we had endured, but we all felt we were now on the right path.
I think we can honestly say, God did indeed have a better plan!
 

 
The rest of the day has been spent doing endless washing, a trip to Morrisons, and then cleaning out the pets...
 
 
Teen Two cleared out the rabbits....
 
 
...whilst I emptied, bagged up and cleaned the cat litter trays....always made harder when its rained!
This is easier than getting poor Grandma to clear it out daily as we of course do, but its my most hated job when we get back!
 
 
Teen Two took time out to give the bunnies a cuddle...I think they missed him!
 
 
Teen One prepared the veggies for me for tonight's dinner.
We haven't had a roast in a while,with two Sunday's spent travelling....but its so humid I am regretting the decision!
 
Rather frustratingly, I discovered my new car had been keyed when we were away.
My neighbour's son called by and I shared my sorrow with him....within the hour, he knocked the door and beckoned me to the car...not a sign of it!
He had polished it off and recommended we polish some more soon.
There is just the faintest of marks if you look at a certain angle, but its much better than it was and thankfully hadn't gone too deep.
 
There is still a lot of unpacking to do, but I will tackle that tomorrow, although we do have a funeral to go to, but hopefully I can get quite a bit done beforehand.
I then need to tackle Teen Two's EHCP....the council sent the final copy in the week...but made adjustments to it with no consultation!
Hey ho...it never ends does it!
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I am really pleased that everything has worked out well!

    ReplyDelete