Monday, 8 August 2016

Sunday 7th August: A Late Night

 
Sunday was a usual kind of day, other than we had my cousin with us still of course.
It was church in the morning, a roast beef and Yorkshire pud dinner...which my cousin really loved (and phew, the yorkies came out ok!)
 
 
For dessert I made the quick and simple white chocolate torte.
I used the Noritaki  tea set, recently acquired from my late neighbours, to serve it in, along with a couple of caramelised biscuits.
My cousin enjoyed the new experience and hopefully didn't think I was totally off my rocker serving it like that!
 
 
 
My cousin is a keen Scrabble player, so we all retired to the garden for a game...and the bunnies seem to enjoy our company too.
 
 
Around tea time, I took my cousin to our aunt's house, whilst we were at church.
When I went back three hours later, they were still pouring over old photos and letters and it was gone 11pm before we finally got home!
Then we scanned through some of the smaller photos to see if we could enlarge them, gravestones etc were difficult to read from the photo ( not helped by a rose bush right in the wrong place!) but we did manage to get more information once we enlarged it.
It was almost midnight by then and we had an early start in the morning, so we reluctantly said goodnight, knowing it was our last night together...but hopefully we can visit them one day and rekindle the relationship.
It has been a lovely week and we all wish it could have been longer.
 
Today's Proverb:
   Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment