Tuesday, 2 August 2016

Just Call Me Dory!

 
 
This morning I spent busying myself with making sure the house was tidier than usual, ahead of my cousin coming.
I know it wont stay tidy for long, and don't really mind, but for some reason like it to at least look tidy when folk arrive!
The bunnies are really settling in...and have found the flowers!
 
 
 
These yellow sunflower type flowers were particularly tasty!
 
 
They do love being out on the grass in the rain...funny little things!
 
 
My cousin arrived in good time and came laden with gifts.
Amongst them was this pack of TimTams.
We are told they are what Australians miss the most when they live elsewhere.
Having tried one, I would say they are more or less equivalent to our Penguins biscuits....
so very tasty!
 
 
A gift from not so far away....but still far enough...was this fridge magnet.
My cousin drove down via Gretna Green...and this is where Hubby and I got married 23years ago, so has special memories for us.
 
 
The Teens are looking forward to watching the new "Finding Dory"film...and for those not familiar with "Finding Nemo" Dory has a very limited memory!
I have decided my nickname should be Dory!
I once prided myself with my good memory, but of late I have heard of things I have done, given as presents etc, but have no recollection!
Tonight proved just such an occasion.
My cousin is researching family history and I have decided I really know very little at all!
Hubby searched through some files on the computer and came across a video interview I did back in 1992!
Not only do I not recall in (and I am there doing the interview with my grandparents!)
but I was doing it on behalf of the cousin who is now with us!
She had written me a letter asking various things about our nan and granddad and this is how I decided to answer her...by interviewing them!
It proved a real treasure trove tonight as it answered several questions and was straight from the horses mouth!
Having heard several versions of one particular incident...to hear it from them was amazing!
I clearly didn't actually get the video to my cousin as this was the first she had seen of it.
And I have no recollection at all...but am so glad I did it, even if it took 25years to get to her!
It proved a very interesting video and I can highly recommend anyone interested in family research taking the time to talk to the oldest family members and recording it.
So much gets lost in the dusty corridors of the mind....and our memories are not always reliable...so having it first hand is an ideal way of capturing the information for future generations.
 
What an interesting evening it turned out to be!
 
 
 Tuesday August 2, 2016
Today's Promise:
   For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Pleased you are enjoying your cousins visit! Been trying to work out the relationship. It's probably me missing the obvious. Rabbits look cute!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. do we share these grandparents? if so may I have a copy of the video?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we don't, she is the daughter of my dads brother

      Delete