Sunday, 28 August 2016

Enjoying the English Countryside

 
Today was the start of our family holiday in the Peak District.
We started the morning going to church as usual, then packed up the car and headed for the local drive thru McDonalds instead of our usual Sunday roast....so I just had to upgrade my meal to a caramel frappe didn't I?


There is something about being on holiday that makes me throw caution to the wind and splash out on things I would normally consider too extravagant or expensive...such as this bottle of rose lemonade we saw in Waitrose...not only is it a shop I don't regularly (well...ever!) shop in...it was in a service station as well!!
How decadent was that impulse by!
It was however worth every penny...and it was on special offer!
 
 
 
 
 
 
And that wasn't my only impulse buy...it would have been a crime to leave this salted caramel chocolate eclairs on the shelf would it...particularly as they were reduced!
 
 
Close to our destination, the scenery started to become quite dramatic...even Teen Two looked up and said "wow...nice scenery!"
 
 
 
 
As we entered Ilam, the nearest village to our holiday let, we could see it was going to be a beautiful place to visit...
 
 
 
 
...and just a few yards down the road we were greeted with a woolly road block!
It certainly beats pulling in for oncoming traffic down south!
 
 
 
 
The view from my kitchen for the week is spectacular...washing up will not be a chore and I won't miss the dishwasher a bit!
 
 
 
 
The living room also has views that will mean there probably won't be much TV watching from me this week!
Infact every room has stunning views and the peace and tranquility of the place is just what we need right now.
 
 
The owner left local produce for us in her welcome pack...fresh eggs, milk, tea, coffee and these amazing oat cookies...almost the size of a plate!!
The cottage is well equipped with games, jigsaws, books, maps...even Bibles!
We are thoroughly looking forward to our week, regardless of what the weather does!
 
 
 
"Every good gift  comes down from above"
 
 
 
 
 
 



 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the peace and quiet! I think that you all need it xx

    ReplyDelete