Friday, 29 July 2016

Transferring Minecraft Skills??

 
 
Having dropped Teen One off at work for 8.30am, it was an early trip to Lidl's for me today...and I must say, it was a very pleasant experience...no huge queues at the checkouts!
I couldn't resist these food coolers....pop them in the freezer overnight, then into a packed lunch in the morning...I know a certain Teen who is going to love them!
And did I mention she bought a watermelon T shirt in Primark this week??
 
 
Later in the morning, Teen Two helped me start to clear a corner of the garden.
It has a heap of earth, which was a dumping ground from previous garden projects, and as its a dark corner, just gets forgotten about.
I would like to have a storage box there, to put the cushions and deck chairs in...that's the ultimate goal anyway!
The mattock Teen Two was using was very heavy and I warned him to be careful ...
..."It's ok mum" he replied "I'm used to using a pick axe on Minecraft!"
 
 
I had read in the paper that the Royal Marines were putting on a free show nearby, so we made the most of Hubby finishing at lunch time ( as he is supposed to every Friday but rarely does!) and took Grandma with us.
 
 
 
I was delighted that Teen Two was enjoying it...so much so, he videoed it on his Tablet.
 
 
They really are a joy to both watch and listen to...and in all that heat too!
 
 
It must have been especially hot for the young man with the tiger skin on him....
Teen Two asked if it was real...
 
 
...and at the end they mingled with the crowd, so he was able to ask him, and the answer is yes!
 
 
With the afternoon still young, we headed on down to the seafront.
We enjoyed an iced coffee, and Teen Two enjoyed his milkshake.
Whilst the boys then went on down to throw stones in, Grandma and I watched the ships coming and going and the lovely clouds forming in the bright blue skies.
It's been rather like a Saturday...and we have the pleasure of a real Saturday tomorrow!
 
Friday July 29, 2016
Today's Verse:
   Sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment