Thursday, 28 July 2016

There Was A Brave Woman From Oz.....



 
 
First thing this morning I took Teen One to work, then filled the next couple of hours pottering, clearing corners etc, until it was time to take Teen Two for his Beans On Toast job.
The play centre today couldn't have been more different!
Aside from the fact we had a lovely new kitchen to work in, which was in a beautiful wooden chalet...what more could we want!
The staff were very welcoming and friendly throughout and I could have stayed all day.
We had a few more takers today but nowhere near as many as I had imagined, when I saw how many kids were in the play area.
It would seem, some kids just don't like beans...and we had quite a few ask for just toast.
Teen Two really enjoyed the work which was the main thing.
 
 
We had parked in Asda's car park...and it would be rude not to go in wouldn't  it!
I saw this t shirt and thought about a cousin who would look perfect in it!
If I could be sure he didn't already have one I would have bought it...but as they are Asda shoppers I imagine they have already seen it....it did make me smile.
 
 
The afternoon was spent ironing, and making up the guest room.
My cousin from Australia is coming next week, rather unexpectedly, so its all systems go to make the place look presentable.
She was due to land in Glasgow today sometime and this is her itinerary:
Drive to the Highlands...see Isle of Skye....drive down to Hadrian's Wall...stop off in Liverpool...stop off in Derbyshire....she was then coming down to us on Tuesday (yes 4 days to see all that and do all the driving by herself!) but then yesterday she said a friend had urged her to stay over in Port Talbot the night before she comes to us....that's South Wales!!! My she is going to be mighty tired of driving by the time she gets here I think!
I know for sure I could never do all that alone...particularly not in a strange country, although I guess we have the same language and drive on the same side of the road so that's a couple of hurdles crossed...but even so...I don't see me doing it when we visit her over there...Hubby will do the driving and I will be "look out" as usual!
I certainly take my hat off to her...oh...and did I mention jet lag!
 
Thursday July 28, 2016
Today's Promise:
   I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment