Monday, 4 July 2016

The First Step To Independance

 
Today was my usual visit to my Monday Recycled Teenager, after having dropped Teen One off for her school placement.
We had a good old catch up, put the world to rights, and then learnt that her first great granddaughter had been born...so time for some celebrating as well!
 
 
In Morrisons today I overheard someone saying "so do you want cappuccino or salted caramel?" As I love the taste of both I was curious as to what they were talking about over in the bakery department and just had to investigate!
Bad move!
It was their two new flavours of doughnuts...and both sounded equally delicious!
So, rather than choosing I did what any self respecting yo yo dieter would do and bought both!!
In the interests of  national research I felt it my duty to taste them both...and can declare they are both delicious...with the cappuccino ones scoring slightly more points from me, but only slightly.
 
 
Needless to say, my conscience got the better of me, so I by passed lunch and only ate fruit in the afternoon when the hunger pangs started.
Dinner will be  a very small portion.
 
 
 
 
Talking of dinner, tonight it is leftovers of course, and I have made the Amish Chicken and Broccoli Casserole...replacing the broccoli with cabbage.
This dish is always a hit, so hopefully the swapping of vegetables wont be too much of a disappointment!
 
 
 
 
I bought this little recipe book in Amish Country Philedelphia, and have used it many times...but its not for the faint hearted, a lot of dishes are in white sauces, with plenty of butter and cheese to boot!
Must be why we like it so much!
 
 
This afternoon I set aside an hour to make up some more pom poms for the hedgehogs...
 
 
 
...and then hot glued on the heads I had sewn yesterday.
They just need some trimming now.
I really do need to buy myself a new glue gun though...not only is mine very old, it only works intermittently and even then is very messy.
 
 
I had a surprise phone call just before tea, the windscreen repair company called to say an engineer was nearby and did I want to have the repair done today instead of Wednesday!
 
 
 
After twenty minutes the screen looked as if nothing had ever happened!
I am thrilled!
 
 
Today is of course a day of big celebrations over the other side of the Pond...so to all  my US friends and readers...a very happy 4th of July....
 
 
 
...but today's celebration for independence goes to Teen Two, who for the first time walked himself to college for his Introduction Day.
He has not had the usual experience of walking to school from around the age of seven, as he has had a dedicated taxi take him to and from his schools, which have been out of town.
So this was a big deal for him but he enjoyed the experience and also his day at college.
 
Monday July 4, 2016
Today's Psalm:
   Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. You are so naughty!!!! Not only for eating the doughnuts, but letting me know they are available!!! I will just have to try them. Well done teen two. Its going to be such a change for all of you. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete