Sunday, 17 July 2016

Not A Good Start To The Day!

 
Today started a little earlier than usual for the weekend, but thankfully not as early as yesterday!
I busied myself downstairs, then took Hubby and I a cup of tea upstairs...and then promptly knocked mine over, before I had a chance to take even a sip!
The whole mug!!
I was so infuriated with myself I couldn't be bothered to go down and get a fresh one, I just sat in bed and sulked to myself!
 
 
Thankfully that did not set the tone for the day and everything went as normal.
Church first thing, then a roast chicken dinner....it was way too hot in the kitchen but Sunday always means roast in this household!
 
 
For dessert  I tried a new quick and easy recipe from the BBC website
Lemon pudding.
I did have my doubts about the instructions, it said to cook for three minutes in the microwave.
As I regularly make a syrup sponge pudding in the microwave, from scratch, and that takes 7-8 minutes, I did have much faith that three minutes would be enough..and I was right.
I put it on for another three minutes and it was fine...although I think maybe next time I will start with two minutes  extra as it was drier than the usual one I make.
Everyone liked it, we had ice cream of greek yogurt to go with it...I chose the yogurt.
 
 
There was a never ending pile of dishes, which took longer than usual as I have set myself a new rule, to  wash dirty dishes before putting them in the dishwasher ( seems a bit like having a dog and barking yourself doesn't it!)
All my US friends do it and their dishwashers always looked so much nicer inside than mine, and there wasn't the "reject" items afterwards.
How long my new rule lasts remains to be seen!
 
 
It was way too hot to be in the house, so we all retreated to the shade of the gazebo, with the gentle breeze keeping us cool.
We enjoyed the usual game of Scrabble....Hubby stole my first place by a point!
I also finished one side of the cushion cover I started to crochet yesterday.
 
 
 
 
After church this evening, we have come home to a rather warm house and are doing our best to keep cool.
Poor Teen One is suffering with her hay fever today, unusually Teen Two isn't too trouble by it at the moment.
I understand its going to hot up over the next couple of days...going to have to pace myself for this, not a lover of the heat, and have my friends foster child coming for a couple of days!
 
Sunday July 17, 2016
Today's Promise:
   If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. It sure is hot - but I am led to believe that its only for a few days!

    ReplyDelete