Tuesday, 5 July 2016

An Array Of Hedgehogs!

 
 
Today started with a rare lie in!
For the first time in ages nobody had to be anywhere early!
Teen One didn't have to be at college until 10am, for her leavers assembly  and I wasn't needed to as taxi for that so was able to take the morning as I found it.
With the usual morning chores out of the way, Teen Two and I popped into town.
I stocked up on some garden essentials in Wilko's  and when we came home, Teen Two set to and attacked the ever growing number of weeds in the grass.
 
 
We are trying the Round Up gel which came highly recommended by a friend.
The last weed killer I used killed off the grass as well!
 
 
It was then time to collect my varifocals and prescription sunglasses.
I have worn them a few times in the afternoon and things are ok...ish....going to take some getting used to.
I am finding my reading glasses better for PC work at the moment, everything goes wavy with the varifocals if I move my head at all!
 
Whilst in Wilko, I bought a new brush for the cats.
Milly is long haired and at this time of year suffers from hair balls (yuk!)
We have had various pet brushes over the  years, but this one has been the best so far.
However it will have your fingers off if you aren't careful when de-hairing it!
 
 
 
Milly enjoyed her grooming and settled back on the mini bean bag I made her the other week...I am really pleased she has stuck with this new bed....its easy to wash and saves getting hairs all over the other pieces of furniture!
 
 
 
This afternoon , in between more digging out the back, folding washing, making a sausage casserole for dinner and writing a letter to a distant relation on behalf of my Australian cousin, I finally finished off the pom pom hedgehogs!
Tonight I will try and finish off the "sleeping hedgehogs" which will be child friendly, these ones , with small beads are not, but hopefully will raise some money for the local rescue centre.
I wasn't sure what the collective name for a group of hedgehogs was until today...and as the title of my blog suggests...it is an "array of hedgehogs!"
Whilst googling it I discovered that a group of ladybirds is called a "loveliness of ladybirds"
Isn't that delightful!
When sharing my discoveries with Teen One, she said there was a display board at college of collective names and her favourite was an "embarrassment of pandas!"
Know any good ones yourself?
 
 
 
Tuesday July 5, 2016
Today's Proverb:
   Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. A varied day!!! I've wondered about the gel weedkiller, will be interested to know if it works. The hedgehogs look so sweet. xxx

    ReplyDelete