Monday, 20 June 2016

The Last School Run!

 
 
Today has been a very rainy day!
As I type this the sun has started to appear, but the rest of the day has been a washout!
 
 
However, rain or not, it was a usual Monday, first a visit to my Monday Recycled Teenager for a quick cuppa, then a saunter round Morrisons.
 
 
 
 
Then a quick trip up the motorway to collect Teen Two from school, following a revision session.
Tomorrow is his last day at school, its a full day with revision all morning, followed by his last GCSE, Graphics.
As it is all within normal school hours, his taxi will take and collect him.
So...today was my last ever day on the school run!
I am not sure if I am happy or sad!
But this will not be the end of taxi of mum that's for sure!
 
 
 
 
Sadly, on the way home, a lorry went flying past and a stone shot into my windscreen ...so my new car has been "christened."
Such a shame, I managed to drive my old Clio for nine years without that mishap...just one of those things I guess.
Hubby is going to look at it tonight and see if I need to take it in for repair.
Its very small so I am hoping not.
When I bought my Clio there was already a star chip, and one day in the supermarket I took the plunge to get it repaired...supposedly for free and to make it look like new.
Well, I had to pay £50 to the insurance company and the screen didn't look any different, but I was assured it was now much stronger!
 
 
 
This afternoon was spent in a haze of bathroom cleaning, washing, vacuuming and getting through a pile of sewing, repairing various tears in clothes, holes in pockets and buttons that had fallen off.
 
Are you all watching the Great British Sewing Bee?
Got any favourites yet?
This time last year I had one or two I wanted to win...I haven't settled on any yet, and am looking forward to tonight's episode.
I must say, I would be terrified if I had that lady Esme Young as a judge...she is fearsome isn't she!!!
 
 
Monday June 20, 2016
Today's Psalm:
   Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. What a shame about the windscreen!!!! Horrible when that happens. The end of another era!! But the start of the next, exciting times ahead!!!!xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a milestone isn't it - they are all grown up now!

    ReplyDelete