Thursday, 23 June 2016

Life Is Full Of Interesting Characters!

 
This morning was a fairly early start....I needed to join the rat race for a day and take Teen One to her Uni Introduction Day.
If I thought the roads were busy in the day time...its nothing compared to the rush hour is it!
What a sheltered motoring world I live in!
 
 
 
Once home, it was time for a bit of a clear up, before dropping Teen Two off at his gym.
This was the first time he used the facilities by himself and he really enjoyed his hour.
I spent the time cleaning up next door.
 
 
 
After a light lunch, we popped in to see Grandma with some shopping she had asked us to get, and that of course means a cup of tea!
 
 
 
 
Before  I knew it, it was time to go and collect Teen One.
The weather was horrendous and at times I struggled to see anything...even with the speed right down...how the fools continuing to fly past at 70+ made it safely home I will never know!
 
Teen One enjoyed her day and has come home with a huge reading list to be completed before the semester starts.
 
 
 
Some weeks ago we listed an old piano accordion on ebay and amazingly it sold!
The buyer came to collect it today, and it was quite an experience meeting him!
He was a very friendly chap, around 35years old....I am guessing he had some kind of learning difficulties....maybe Aspergers....he didn't stop talking from the minute he walked in the door, not much of it making much sense at all, he clearly had a love for music and has been watching You Tube and has taught himself to play the piano (kind of!) and is hoping to learn how to play the piano accordion the same way.
I take my hat off to his enthusiasm!
Having spent over half an hour trying to wind the conversation up, unsuccessfully, I managed to get him out of the front door...but the conversation hadn't ended...I was getting worried about Hubby's dinner by this time...and willing Hubby to pull up in his car from work.
Thankfully he eventually did and I made a hasty retreat back to the kitchen, giving Hubby a sneaky wink as I left him with our new found friend!
I am not sure how Hubby managed it, but after hearing much of the same conversation all over again I heard Hubby saying "good to meet you...all the best with the accordion."
Life is full of interesting characters isn't it!
And bless him, he handed over the money without me having to ask.
I hope the accordion has a happy and fulfilled life in its new home...it has spent most of its life in our home stuck in its case up in the attic!
 
 
Thursday June 23, 2016
Today's Psalm:
   The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
 


1 comment:

  1. Over the years I have developed various strategies to end a conversations. However sometimes nothing works!! Hooray for hubby!xxxx

    ReplyDelete