Thursday, 16 June 2016

"I Feel Like Chicken Tonight..."

 
I don't know about you, but my purse is always bulging...not with money, but loyalty cards!
When Teen One was having a clear out a couple of years ago I took a fancy to one of her pencil cases.
It has been perfect for keeping everything in but sadly was starting to fall apart.
Imagine how happy I was to see one exactly the same in WHSmith's.
 
 
It has so many compartments it easy to keep everything organised. The biggest section is ideal for all the loyalty cards, the section next to it holds all the receipts/money off vouchers.
A small zipped compartment at the bottom holds my credit/debit cards...
 
 
 
...and a further small zipped compartment holds coinage.
There is even a mirror if you feel so inclined to make sure you look in tip top condition!
 
 
I prefer the colour of the old one...but as you can see the plastic was broken in several places and yesterday the zipper broke in the main section, so  I really needed to replace it.
But no purse/credit card wallet was big enough for all those pesky cards...and I do love a bargain so no way was I going to not take them all with me!
The new "purse" is made of different plastic...softer and more durable looking.
It was labelled £6.99 but when I went to pay for it, the till said £5.00 so I was doubly delighted!
 
 
After Mother and Toddlers this morning I went into my neighbours as usual to do some cleaning.
And as usual I came away with a couple of bags of items!
Amongst them were this set of serving dishes ( two) and a platter.
I have never seen this design before, I cant decide if its 50's or  60's, what do you think?
I rather like it!
There were also some glass oval pyrex dishes...I thought I didn't need any, but when I checked out my Le Creuset ( wedding gifts) I realised they had seen better days and were probably a health and safety hazard.
What I thought was crackled glazing...
 
 
 
 
...turns out to be cracked all the way through...
 
 
...it would have been pretty disasterous to have had the bottom fall out with piping hot contents from the oven inside!
I must admit, as much as I love the Le Creuset style, I haven't been keen on how it absorbs any grease and leaves the dish permanently stained.
No amount of scrubbing brings it up to its original colour.
 
 
 
 
 Also in my bag of goodies was this barometer, I finally relented and allowed this into the house!
He has been asking me for ages...and it really isn't my thing...but I knew Hubby would like it.
I told him to ask Hubby, not me...but as he hasn't seen Hubby in a few days the question came round to me again!
I finally caved in...but only because I know Hubby will love it!
 
 
We also have a lifetime supply of sugar and Chicken Tonight!
I am not a jarred sauce fan really, but couldn't see it thrown away...just a shame they were partial to the same Honey and Mustard!
 
 
 
 
Thursday June 16, 2016
Today's Promise:
   ...the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment