Friday, 3 June 2016

Going The Extra Mile!

 
 
 
 
 
 
This morning was spent catching up on one or two bits....grocery shopping, putting washing away etc.
The weather wasn't particularly warm again, and the day overcast, but it was soon brightened up when next door's son brought me in this lovely bunch of tulips.
After the last experiment, when they all drooped...I have decided to just prick the top of the yellow ones and see how they do. I did also trim the ends so we will have to wait and see how things go this time!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hubby finishes early on Fridays, so with no Friday club this week we decided to make the most of the time.
A retro gaming exhibition has opened at our local museum, so I thought Hubby and Teen Two could enjoy some father son bonding time...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 ...whilst Teen One and I went shopping at the local Outlet centre.
In particular, she was looking for a new watch.
Having looked online we had a fair idea of what was around and what price, and she was delighted when she saw this Rose Gold watch in Radley's
The picture doesn't do the pretty colour justice, but I am sure you all know what Rose Gold looks like!
She had received a cheque from her uncle yesterday, exactly the same price as the watch...so we will send him a picture so he can see what his money went on!
 
 
We popped into Claire's and saw this pretty daisy bracelet going for a song...not quite Radley quality, but pretty none the less.
 
 
 
Shopping is always hard work isn't it, so we called into Costa for a break.
The lovely Chilean lady got our order completely wrong....having spent ages trying to say what we wanted I thought we had cracked it ( I guess, small skinny decaf almond latte is rather a mouthful!)
but when I was waiting for the coffee to be made up I realised she had charged me for a medium...only when I started drinking did I realise that meant two shots...I only like one...and she didn't order the toasted teacake Teen One and I were going to share.
The barista overheard me say "oh, no teacake" and soon after brought one over... "its on me!" he said!
Needless to say, I put the cost of it and some more, into the tip jar.
Its little things like that which make such a difference isn't it.
We all make mistakes, its how we deal with them that sets us apart from others, and as far as customer service is concerned, that sort of attitude will keep me coming back.
I guess what really impressed me was the fact the barista hadn't made the mistake...but for the honour of the company he went the extra mile....if only his bosses knew!
Shame it wasn't an episode of Undercover Boss!
 
Friday June 3, 2016
Today's Verse:
   Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely watch - well chosen!!! That exhibition would be right up the men folks street!!!! I expect that teacake tasted good.. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete