Sunday, 12 June 2016

Don't Store Away Those Beautiful Items!

 
Last night I tried to make the unit look a bit more homely, adding just a few simple pieces to take away the starkness of those empty shelves.
It's surprising how quickly it has become part of the furniture...quite literally! Grandma didn't even notice it when she came for dinner this afternoon!
 
 
We had roast chicken for dinner and for dessert I made individual pavlovas to go with the New Forest strawberries Grandma gave us yesterday.
 
 
 
Making pavlova meant I had egg yolks to use up again, so that meant only one thing....into the Yorkshire pudding mix...which made jumbo Yorkies again!
 
 
 
Next door's son was busy doing more sorting...and as usual offered me one or two items I couldn't refuse.
This pretty cake plate was on of them, which we promptly used with the lemon curd sponge Teen One made for tea.
 
 
He also gave me a pile of embroidered table clothes...I am using this lovely spring one in the front room, but it needs a bit of an iron I think!
I decided many years ago, there is no point having beautiful items and keeping them stored away...so this lovely piece of work will be out for daily enjoyment...but I will swap it for a regular shop bought one when we have dinner....I don't want to ruin this lovely work of art with gravy stains!
 
A friend from Leicester visited for the afternoon, so we had a good catch up.
Another unit arrived from next door and tomorrow I shall enjoy filling it, whilst decluttering other areas of the house!
Daily Blessing
Sunday June 12, 2016
Today's Verse:
   O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: