Saturday, 18 June 2016

Chocolate Wins Everytime!

 
Today was an early start for me....6.30am.
We had a young people's Bible study day ahead of us and I had promised to take some jam jar puddings again.
I made a couple of dozen, most of them chocolate of one sort or another ( chocolate muffin/oreo etc)
and just a handful of fruit ones...lemon meringue sundae and eton mess....the last two would be my choice all day long, but at the end of lunch all the chocolate ones had gone and two of each of the fruit ones were left...they did disappear by tea time, but it seems chocolate wins everytime!
 
 
It's funny how something so simple can make such an impact.
I over heard someone say "oh, have you seen the funky desserts in jars...I didn't know which one to try!"
Well they are only ordinary pudding ingredients...in recycled jam jars!
I always label them and then use an elastic band to  attach to the neck of the jar.
They are also great for picnics.
The best thing is, they are  intended to look "messy" so there is no worrying about making or keeping it looking "just so."
 
 
 
I also made a batch of Oreo Brownies...which went down well.
I used my new basket to transport it in and was amused to see the ladies in charge of catering use it to later display the jam jar puds in...they did look cute I must say!
 
The bible study sessions were good, simple and clear guidance on how to approach studying Revelation.
 
 
 
 
Lunch was "build your own fajita" just our sort of lunch!
We spent the afternoon catching up with an old friend and also a lady who I share cousins with, although we don't live more than an hour from each other we rarely see each other, so had a good catch up.
Teen One went out with a group of young people and distributed some Bible verses into a nearby housing estate, whilst Teen Two played football and rounders on the field.
It's been a great day for us all.
 
Saturday June 18, 2016
Today's Promise:
   And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love your Proverbs or bible verse each day. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy, and lovely to hear from you :)

      Delete