Thursday, 2 June 2016

Appreciating Someone Else's Labour Of Love

 
This morning started with an early appointment for Teen Two's check up.
He has a lovely Community Dentist, a really lovely team and I always wish they were my dentist!
Over the years with council cut backs their surgeries have been relocated several times and hours shortened...but I am thankful they are still around for us.
 
 
Teen One had a lie in, but once up set to and decorated a cake she had made  on Monday, for a friends birthday.
The friend loves Smarties and lemon curd, so we made up a butter icing using lemon curd to flavour it...scraping the bowl was very yum!
 
 
 
 
After a quick trip to Tesco, the Teens and I played Uno...always good family fun and always has us in hysterics!
 
 
 
 
 
We are all terrible at shuffling cards and our late neighbours had loaned us this card shuffler.
It's really good fun to use and does an excellent job....I have reminded the son we still have it and am secretly hoping he doesn't want it!
 
 
This afternoon next door's son came in, as usual, bearing gifts!
His aunt had made this for his mum and he wondered if I would like it...well I couldn't say no could I!
It looks a real labour of love and I can really appreciate all those ends that would have needed sewing in!
It has been given a quick wash and is on the line drying out. I think its made with wool rather than acrylic...wet wool has a very distinctive smell doesn't it...will have to make sure the moths don't get near it!!
I thought it would be nice to use in the garden when the evenings get chilly and we are still out enjoying the longer evenings...not that we are in danger of using it any time soon, its been freezing all week!
Daily Blessing
Thursday June 2, 2016
Today's Promise:
   For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Well done on the cake teen one, looks lovely, the blanket looks amazing, such a lot of work. Shame about your weather, it's been very warm here. (not showing off - honestly!!). Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete