Friday, 13 May 2016

Making The Most Of The Sunshine

 
As the weather forecast suggests this lovely weather isn't around for long, I made the most of the sunshine and spent some time in the garden.
The grass needed cutting yet again...and also some seeding...we laid a new lawn last year ( or was it the year before?) and it has become rather patchy sadly.
 
 
All the bushes are starting to flower, it adds such a splash of colour everywhere.
 
 
 
I even tidied up the shed!
This was the AFTER picture incase you were wondering!
I had wanted to take stock of my jam jar collection...with summer coming I wanted to be sure I had enough for a few events coming up for Jam Jar Puddings.
 
 
Unfortunately, the clear out exposed the fact the shed is in dire need of some TLC!
The windows have parted company with the wood...
 
 
 
...and the daylight in the left hand corner shows the supporting struts are no longer and the middle one is hanging on with a wing and a prayer!
 
 
The "to prick or not to prick" question seems to have been answered...these tulips are all but dead...the heads are dried up and I am surprised the petals haven't dropped...but look at the stems...still sturdy and upright!
 
 
Teen Two came home with this "Good Luck" card and bar of choccie from his LSA's ahead of the GCSE exams next week...how kind!
At the risk of repeating myself ...did I say he got B for his Electronic coursework!!
The written paper exam is unlikely to fare so well....but we are thrilled with the B and so is his teacher, who has seen him work tirelessly on the project, giving up break times, going in early, staying late etc.
 
 
At Friday Club today we were talking about King David and some of the psalms he wrote...notably Psalm 23.
Thinking about David being a shepherd boy, and how he went on the say "The Lord is my Shepherd" we used the link with sheep as our activity...making pom poms with those great animal pom pom makers I bought in the US
One child was in for a disappointment though...when choosing their animal...they ran away with the idea just winding the wool round its legs was going to transform the wool into the chosen animal!
If only!
 
 
 
Daily Blessing
Friday May 13, 2016
Today's Psalm:
   The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Must be the sunshine!!! We spent most of the day out in the garden, tidying and planting etc. We could do with a little bit of rain now. Well done teen two on your B grade hadn't heard that!!!! Excellent. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Teen 2 on your grade B - fantastic achievement!!

    ReplyDelete