Monday, 9 May 2016

Foggy Windows...Gone!

 
Today is the day we said goodbye to the dodgy windows we have suffered for way too many years!
 
 
 
 
The fogging....gone...
 
 
...the tissue's wedged in to stop the draughts in Teen One's room...gone...
 
 
...the draught excluder ( actually it was double sided sticky tape from Poundland!) and the rag round the handle, to prevent draughts...gone!
 
 
 
 
Although the lads arrived early and worked hard with no lunch break, they didn't manage to finish the job, but we were told it would take a day and a half, so the chaos goes on for a bit longer.
 
 
 
I spent all morning ironing the curtains I had washed yesterday...
 
 
 
...Teen One had to use the floor to sort college work out as the table was full of curtains!
 
When the upstairs windows were out I asked if I could wash down the paintwork before they fitted the new ones...which they were happy for me to do.
Mind you, it doesn't really look much different!
I think a new coat of paint is needed!
Some plasterwork has been broken in Teen Two's room, which is a shame as we had that plastered not too long ago, but the guys said they would make that good tomorrow.
 
It's good to finally see the back of the horrible old windows I must say!
I suppose now I will have to get a window cleaner to keep them looking good!
 
 
Daily Blessing
Monday May 9, 2016
Today's Promise:
   But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

4 comments:

  1. Pleased the installation has gone well. It will be lovely for you. I had an installation today, something you will love when you come. I won't say what it is but I will give a clue!!!!
    It begins with W and ends with G.!! Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo you tease you! That's really got me stumped.....although after some thought...does it have two words one starting W and the other L? x

      Delete
  2. Sort of!!! I'll put you out of your misery. A whirligig. Used for the first time today. There was a gentle breeze so it was perfect. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete