Saturday, 14 May 2016

Counting Our Blessings Tonight

 
Well today was the day the new car arrived!
This was a new experience for us in more ways than one.
The first car from a showroom, the first one all singing and dancing, the first one where I had to be sat with the mechanic and shown how everything works ( and of course I remember hardly any of it!)
But here she is in all her glory, not only is she shiny on the outside...but the engine is shiny too...I thought they always came covered in oil and gunk!
Needless to say I am over the moon and will gradually learn how everything works.
 
 
Next door's son has been nagging me to let the Teens go in and choose something from the house.
Knowing Teen Two's love of teddies he told me to let him have as many as he wanted...I was hoping he wouldn't pick the biggest one...some hope!
 
 
 
Teen One chose two small items from our neighbour's crystal collection...a sweet little bird and an oyster complete with pearl.
 
 
 
As if receiving a new car, and also (yet to be collected) their fairly new freezer, he was insistent I also helped myself to whatever I wanted.
The only thing I practically could do with are more casserole dishes.
I saw these a while ago whilst doing some washing up and thought how pretty they were...so chose them.
No doubt other bits and pieces will come my way, but I have tried to persuade him to let the family members coming for the funeral to have the first choice although he is fairly sure no one will want anything.
 
 
 
 
This afternoon we went to an annual church conference out in the Hampshire countryside.
The drive through the wooded lanes with the sun streaming through was delightful.
 
 
 
 
Many many years ago, a close friend of mine married a man from this small village and used to tell me about her early driving lessons...having to drive out of his parents cottage...into a small lane, usually following a tractor....down a steep hill...with a village pond at the end! She always thought she was going to end up in the pond!
She moved to America many years ago and we no longer see each other sadly...but this view of the pond as we come down the hill, always takes me back to being a 16yr old and hearing her amusing stories whilst learning to drive!
 
 
The village is full of old English charm...most of the cottages being thatched...
 
 
...and some with roses round the door....
 
 
 
...just like the pictures I used to draw as a child!
 
We enjoyed the conference, with plenty to come home and think about.
The local church members provided us with a lovely tea and as there was quite a bit left over, I assumed there would be supper on the cards...but sadly no...so to make up for any disappointment we promised the Teens a Mcdonald's supper instead!
 
We arrived home much later than expected and are all tired out...but it's been a great day and we will be counting our blessings and not sheep tonight, that's for sure!
 
 
 
Daily Blessing
Saturday May 14, 2016
Today's Verse:
   And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

2 comments:

  1. So thrilled for you. I'm sure you will soon get used to everything.xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete