Monday, 16 May 2016

Chicken Tonight?

 
Today was a beautiful sunny day, ideal for getting lots of lines of washing dry!
I managed so many I can't even remember how many loads I did!
 
 
Today was the first day of using the car properly.
She really goes like a dream...Hubby is going to love it when I get him on the insurance.
I am not very savvy when it comes to cars and how well they run...but even I can feel the power under my feet!
There is one minor problem...and its not the car's fault...
the new black seats show up all the white cat hairs we have unknowingly been carrying around on our clothes!
To look at my skirt today, you would never have known there were hairs on it...but what a shock when I got out of the car and saw the residue all over the seat!
So I have left a sticky roller in the car for such occasions!
How long I keep it up is anyone's guess, as with the dusting...I have been over her with a cloth to get rid of the dust at least three times already!
Sad isn't it!
 
 
 
Thinking what to cook for dinner can become a bore can't it, and like everyone else I am sure, we can get stuck in a bit of a rut.
So yesterday I went through my recipe books for some inspiration.
Tonight's offering is Lemon and Five Spice Chicken.
 
 
 
The only things I had to buy were the lemons and root ginger, and of course the chicken.
I hate it when recipes call for about 15 items and I probably only have one or two in the cupboard...its unlikely I ever try those recipes!
I left the chicken marinading in the slow cooker whilst I went out for the afternoon, so when I came home all I had to do was pop it in the oven for 20mins to finish it off.
The Teens enjoyed it ( and so did I ) and we will see what Hubby says.
The sticking point will be the recipe called for thighs and drumsticks... and as they were only £3 in Morrisons with much more meat than the breasts...I decided to stick to the recipe, unusual for me aye!
 


Daily Blessing
Monday May 16, 2016
Today's Promise:
   ...the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.


4 comments:

  1. I'm sure you are enjoying you car! Perhaps you could get some covers for the seats. I rarely buy breasts now, there is much more flavour in boneless and skinless thighs. Also cheaper!!!!xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you...but I have a fussy husband who doesn't like fiddly around with bones! Teen Two on the other hand loves to suck all the meat off the bone!

      Delete
  2. You can get the thighs already boned. Much easier!!!xxxxx

    ReplyDelete