Sunday, 8 May 2016

Another Step Into Adulthood!




 
 
Today started with church of course....
 
 
...followed by roast chicken...and the Yorkshires turned out quite good today...so good infact everyone looked at them and said "did you get frozen ones today?"
 
 
For dessert I tried a dish we had in the US.
My friend had shown me what it would look like before it was baked...so I wasn't too shocked this morning...but did think "is this really going it work out?"
It's a raisin pudding, where a toffee sauce is "magically" made during the cooking process.
Dollops of dough are gently placed on top of a sugar water mixture....
 
 
...and amazingly enough, the brown liquid ended up a lovely toffee sauce!
I think next time I will make it in a smaller dish though as the dough didn't blend together as well as it should have done...however it was very tasty indeed.
 
 
 
 
After clearing up from lunch, I had to take down all the upstairs curtains and clear the bays ready for Safestyle coming first thing tomorrow morning.
With the weather being so lovely, I managed to get all the curtains washed and dried...managing to slip down the stairs in the process....I am going to have some bruises in unmentionable places tomorrow!
 
 
 
 
The game of Scrabble with Grandma was a triumph for me!
On the second go I made a word using all my tiles...giving me an additional 50 to my score...taking me way over 100...I don't get much more at the end of a game usually!
Not only that...but on the last go I ended the game...with a Q on a triple score!
 
 
After the evening service at church, it was time to give the lads a quick hair cut...guess whose pile is the biggest!
 
 
 
And that wasn't the only hair cutting that went on!
Teen Two has reached that stage where he needs to start shaving!
It is to my great sadness though that he doesn't want to shave off 'tash just now!
He's not my little boy any more is he?!
 
 
Daily Blessing
Sunday May 8, 2016
Today's Proverb:
   Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear poor you. Hope you won't hurt too much in the morning!!! Well done on the Yorkshires, they look lovely, I could just eat one now with a bit of gravy!!!xxxxx

    ReplyDelete