Monday, 18 April 2016

She Drove Herself Home!

 
The surveyor from Safestyle came this morning, around 9.40am and I thought I might yet have some morning left by the time he had measured up.
However it was a more in depth job than I expected and it was almost midday before he left.
I am looking forward to the end of May when we will have draught free, fog free windows, that open and close properly and no longer have the black rubber that is impossible to keep clean!
 
 
Whilst the surveyor was busy measuring up, I busied myself cleaning the oven...I do the door regularly but the shelves are a pet hate...however I was pleased with how well the first one came up with relatively little effort....compare the top shelf ( not done) with the bottom one...all with elbow grease and a scourer!
 
 
I then set to with some form filling...something I have been putting off for Teen Two's PIP, but the time had come when it could be put off no longer!
 
 
Part way through the morning my neighbour's son came in with a gift for me....I like practical gifts!
 
 
 
When the surveyor had finally gone, I popped into Grandma's with a dinner, then onto my Monday Recycled Teenager, also with a dinner of course.
Then the usual supermarket trip...Morrison's have lots of lovely bedding plants at the moment, two for £3...so I made a start in getting some in for the pots and small beds we have in the garden.
 
 
 
Whilst putting the plants in the garden, I couldn't believe how long the grass has got!
I think on the next dry day I will need to do something about that!
 
 
Today's dinner was of course left overs....I brought back several packets of corn muffin mix from holiday, so with a tin of good old Campbells condensed mushroom soup added to the cold chicken, I made a chicken and corn casserole ( quite different to our UK casseroles)
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was a hit and I am basking in the glory of having had two leftover success's on the trot!
 
 
 
Teen One had a driving lesson today...as she walked in the door she said "I drove myself home today!"
Up until now her lessons have been in the relatively quiet areas of town such as the industrial estates....today however she drove out of town and then back home again...on "real" roads with "real" motorists!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Daily Blessing
Monday April 18, 2016
Today's Promise:
   And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment