Monday, 25 April 2016

More Sad News

 
Yesterday my Recycled Teenager next door was very weak.
He didn't want to get out of bed, and when I arrived with lunch, his son said to me "he looks like he is dying"
Those words ended up being true.
During the night whenever I woke up I peeped out of the window to see if the bedroom  light was on, thankfully it wasn't.
This morning I had a nagging feeling I should go in earlier than usual.
I took dinner in as usual, to be heated up at lunch time then crept upstairs.
From where I was I thought he was asleep...nothing unusual in recent weeks.
However, about ten minutes later the son came round in tears...dad had died.
I went back with him as he wanted me to check....having seen him asleep many times, this is how he looked this morning...but we knew otherwise.
Poor Son was beside himself with grief as you can imagine.
I stayed most of the morning to see him through the formalities and apart from the 999caller who was insistent we should do CPR( we didn't ), everyone we had to deal with, police, paramedics, undertakers, couldn't have been kinder or more sympathetic.
It is the end of an era for us.
Our neighbours have been extended members of our family, and us to them we understand.
At 93 years old, a WWII veteran and survivor of the Normandy DDay Landings, his body was frail and his spirit weak, to go to sleep in your own bed, fed, clean and loved, and not wake up, must be the best way to go.
We could not wish him back for his suffering of late, but how we will miss him.
Goodbye dear Recycled Teenager.
 
Daily Blessing
Monday April 25, 2016
Today's Psalm:
   ...weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
 

3 comments:

  1. A sad day indeed. At Least you were able to see him when you got back from your holiday. I was concerned he would pass away while you were in America. That would have been hard. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I had expected the same funnily enough x

      Delete
  2. Sad news - best way to go but not nice for those left behind. Our thoughts are with you and his family. xxx

    ReplyDelete