Friday, 29 April 2016

Just Choose Which Colour!

 
Today started out a pretty average day.
Hubby's car went in for it's MOT (always a bit of a worry) so he had mine for work, which meant I was confined to barracks for a while.
I made the most of the time, potting up some planters,
catching up with bits of housework ( where does the dust come from!)
 
 
I had a phone call from a lady I do market research for occasionally, and she had a rather interesting edible one....which I was even going to be paid to do!
She came around lunchtime and I was really looking forward to telling you what I am testing....but she told me its top secret!
The only thing I feel I can say...is its ginger flavour....so you know that's going to be a big hit in this household!
Maybe in time, if it makes it to the shelves... I can tell you "that was it!"
 
 
I was just starting to do some cleaning in the kitchen when I heard a knock at the door...
it as my neighbour's son.
He came in and showed me one or two things from his mum and dad's house...then said....I made a promise to mum and dad that involved you.......
 
 
 
 
...he handed me this booklet and said "just choose the colour!"
For a moment I couldn't work out what he meant...but slowly the penny dropped...I looked at him and that was it....I hid my face in the teatowel I was holding as I burst into floods of tears!
Whilst I am easily brought to tears...I am not one for showing my emotions in public....I generally have a very tight rein on them, but I am afraid my emotions ran away with me today!
Overwhelmed is an understatement and I am still in a state of disbelief that this should happen to me?
This sort of thing happens on the TV to other people!
He said his parents sat him down a couple of years ago and made him promise when anything  happened to them, he was to buy me a new car!
It is very humbling I must say, when I feel I have received as much pleasure from our relationship as they obviously have, and what I did I did out of love and genuine care for them....my one regret is I will never be able to say thank you to them.
The son is rather a petrol head and went on to talk to me about all the specifications and options...which quite frankly were bamboozaling to say the least!
Every car we have ever owned has been second hand and the only thing we have chosen has been the price and maybe the make!
Just what does one say to something like this!
He wants to take me for a test ride next week....I can sense he has had a lot of pleasure looking through the showrooms and then the brochures to see what was best for me....as my current car is sixteen years old and a basic range...this will all be a bit of a learning curve for me.
The best part for me is the car will have five doors, so my old ladies wont have to struggle to get into the back any more!
 
 
My faithful old Clio will probably now be kept for Teen One.
We had new tyres put on the front today as well!
As for Hubby's car....just needed new shock absorbers and came to just over £100, so its been rather a good day all round as far as cars are concerned in this house hold!
The Teens and Hubby are eagerly choosing their favourite colour...I have a feeling I may opt for the same blue as my Clio....nice and discrete....needless to say they are a little more outrageous in their choices!
 
 
Daily Blessing
Friday April 29, 2016
Today's Promise:
   Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!!!! You'll be in shock for a while I guess!!! What a lovely gesture, they obviously appreciated your care far more than you realised. So pleased for you. Xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its unbelievable isn't it...shock is not the word...I still cant take it in.x

      Delete