Tuesday, 19 April 2016

Benefits of Evening Primrose Oil

 
Today we had lovely sunshine, so was perfect for the four loads of washing  I had to do...including sheets...always good to get them out on the line.
I had a go at another oven shelf...this one wasn't so easy, I must have got off lightly yesterday!
Only one more to go thank goodness.
I nipped into town briefly...mainly to buy more of these...
 
 
 
We all like Nairn's oat cakes in this household, particularly the thin ones.
They are great for sandwiching together with peanut butter, jam, lemon curd, etc and putting in lunch boxes.
In Poundland at the weekend I saw these, I haven't seen them before, so I bought a box to try out.
They were an immediate success  so I popped back today to stock up, as Poundland often have things there one week and not the next.
They come in handy packs of two, ideal for lunchboxes or food on the run.
 
 
 
As I passed Holland and Barrett I noticed they had their Penny Sale on.
I called in and stocked up on Evening Primrose Oil capsules.
Male readers may want to whizz passed this next paragraph!
For some years I experienced breast pain...and of course pre menopause it was put down to cyclical reasons.
However, after the menopause the pain seemed to get worse, so much so I used to have to hold myself to relieve the pain...all well and good in your own home...not so in public!
So eventually I went to the doctors, who referred me to the local Breast clinic.
Thankfully there were no lumps causing the pain, and the consultant said the best way to relieve the pain was to take the best quality Evening Primrose Oil I could afford, 1000mg ones, twice a day.
I wasn't really sure this was going to work, but decided to give it a go.
He warned me it might take six months to make a difference...and infact it took about three months.
For a while I thought it was just my imagination, so when the capsules ran out I didn't buy any more.
A few weeks later back came the pain!
So, I now keep stocked up when the Penny Sale is on, they are around £11 a bottle, so its worth waiting for the sale!
I did try cheap ones from Poundland...they didn't work.
There doesn't appear to be any scientific evidence as to why this works....but I can only say, for me it does!
 
 
 
 
 
Teen One and I had went to see my friend with the broken ankle...which is not healing properly sadly.
I told her, until she is up on her feet again properly, I will take a cake in every week...this week I even put strawberries on top, like the picture!
We spent a lovely couple of hours showing them our holiday pics on the laptop and enjoying her delightful ten month old granddaughter.
Having dropped off Teen One at college, it was back home for some sorting out.
 
 
Its amazing how paperwork builds up isn't it...and this is the paperless society we live in!
I managed to clear most of it, albeit some has just moved from one place to another ( story of my life!) but at least it looks clearer in the front room.
 
 
Teen Two had revision after school again....I am pleased he is eager to take advantage of these sessions.
 
 
 
By the time we got home it was passed our usual dinner time, but thankfully I had put a sausage casserole in the slow cooker in the morning so it just needed serving up.
This was a wedding present from our dear late friend who was in the dementia home, so it has served us well.
Funnily enough a friend posted on FB yesterday "After 21 years the old crock has gone..."
Several friends made suggestions for what this could mean...one even suggesting it was her hubby!
I made the suggestion it was her slow cooker...and was right!
 
 
 
Daily Blessing
Tuesday April 19, 2016
Today's Verse:
   ...at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
 

1 comment:

  1. Well done on the Evening primrose oil. What a bargain!!!
    Have you tried the oven cleaner which comes in a box - obvious really. I think it is called Oven Clean. You just put everything in the plastic bag provided, pour in the liquid, leave a couple of hours - hey presto all clean. Will check on the name at the weekend. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete