Wednesday, 13 April 2016

Back In Time!

 
Today we have been back in time...with Grandma and a Dear Old Friend of hers.
They raised their families together and their husbands worked together at one point.
Dear Old Friend is in the earlier stages of dementia, so our trip today was different to others we have had with her.
She loves nothing more than visiting places she knew as a child.
Today we took her to a castle she absolutely loves.
In fact today's trip was rather emotional for her.
 
 
 
The weather was perfect for the walk round...
 
 
...and just as I was admiring all the daisies on the grass, a tractor came long and chopped off their lovely heads!
However we know they will soon be back.
 
 
 
On our way to the gift shop, we passed a group of school children receiving a lesson on portcullises.
The children were dressed as peasants...
 
 
...and the lessons were being delivered by historians dressed in traditional clothes...
 
 
 
....which was fun for us to see as well...
 
 
...it really was  like going back in time.
Today must have brought history alive for those little ones.
 
 
The gift shop had tasting available for some of their preserves...these two were rather yummy so I bought them as a treat for the family....anything ginger is always a hit and Teen One loves passion fruit flavour
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We finished our walk with a stroll along the shore, the water was so still and the skies so blue, it was a really tranquil time.
 
 
 
For lunch we headed out to a restaurant with a lovely view...something Dear Old Friend grew up with and always love to re-visit.
 
 
 
After a delicious fish pie lunch, we stopped off a local beauty spot to admire the view.
 
With the ladies safely taken home, it was back to housework for me, a cottage pie in the oven for the family's dinner, a quick nip next door to my neighbour and then a surprise knock on my door by his son, who presented me with a bag of doughnuts!
I guess the diet will have to wait!
 
Daily Blessing
Wednesday April 13, 2016
Today's Psalm:
   The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like my ideal day - I love old castles!

    ReplyDelete