Wednesday, 20 April 2016

A Nectar Windfall!

 
This morning Grandma asked me to take her to Sainsbury's to choose an orchid for a friend's special birthday.
We chose a pretty cascade orchid, in a glass bowl.
When we went to pay Grandma asked about redeeming her Nectar points, no problem said the assistant...but when she went to redeem them, the assistant discovered the card had been blocked.
She assured us this was for security purposes, if a card had not been used for some time.
As Grandma does most of her shopping locally, it was therefore very conceivable this was the reason.
The assistant added...or if there is a high balance of points on the card, then it is blocked so no one else can redeem them if you lose it.
We were asked to go to customer services, where another assistant rang through to head office to get the go ahead.
Grandma was asked to give some personal details before they could proceed on the phone ( all this just for nectar points!)
The assistant and I could obviously only hear one side of the conversation...it went like this...
"I've got how much?"
"Well I really don't know what to say, that's rather a shock!"
"Five hundred you say?"
"Well....what should I do?"
The assistant and I were looking at each other...wow...five hundred pounds, it HAS been a long time since she redeemed them!
At which point Grandma passes over the phone and said
"I'd like to redeem the £2.50 please"
 
We realised at that point Head Office had told Grandma she had five hundred points, but Grandma interpreted it as £500!!
It was a happy few moments...imagining what could be done with the unexpected windfall!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hubby had taken the glass out of the oven door last night for me, to clean (isn't it annoying you have to take it to pieces to get to the inside section!)
But by the time he had managed to do it I was way passed having the energy or enthusiasm to do it!
So after I had dropped Grandma home, I set to and carefully cleaned the large glass panels.
I wasn't confident enough to put them back myself...not having managed to work out how to take them apart in the first place!
So tonight's dinner is once again courtesy of the slow cooker...chilli this time.
I managed to clear the paperwork finally and also put away the suitcases from the holiday...yes it has taken me two weeks to tackle that task!
The cases come out of a very small area in the attic and its like putting together a jigsaw getting it all to fit back in!
 
 
 
A friend called in lunchtime for an hour.
We haven't seen each other for about six weeks...instead of our usual once a week, so it was good to catch up.
She brought me this tea towel ( how I love tea towels that give me memories)
It did make me laugh!
 
 
The weather was so lovely I managed to get the washing out again ( sorry...how dull is this topic!)
and whilst out there enjoying the sun I thought I would get the grass cut...
 
 
 
 
 
 
...only problem was...Hubby has been re organising the garage...and most of the "yet to find a home" stuff has ended up on top of the lawn mower!
I just didn't have enough energy for unearthing it, we shall enjoy the daisies for a while longer!
 
 
 
 
There was nothing for it but to tackle that ironing pile!
I did have a little interlude to see my neighbour, and then another one when a friend of his came to see how I thought he was, having just visited him herself.
With the ironing away I will go and get the washing in and start the whole process all over again!
 
Daily Blessing
Wednesday April 20, 2016
Today's Psalm:
   Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I was beginning to imagine the windfall as well!!

    ReplyDelete