Wednesday, 9 March 2016

Uni Interview Number Three

 
This morning was an early start, ready for our journey to Canterbury.
I made my usual visit next door before setting off...only to find him a little confused.
He eventually managed to tell me he had no electrics....an ongoing intermittent problem which the son had shown me how to sort at the fuse box.
The electrics didn't stay on long and after a little investigation I discovered to my horror smoke and a nasty crackling sound coming from a socket in the conservatory!
I was thankful Hubby was next door so I could run to him for help!
In the meantime I called the son and explained the problem  and saying we had to leave very soon.
Hubby did what he could and then the son arrived and took over.
 
 
It was a busy drive, but the beautiful daffodils that greeted us on every turn as we arrived more than made up for the miserable journey.
 
 
We had lunch with my sister in law, and then with Teen One being left at the Uni, we set off on a little adventure to find one of Hubby's old photo shots.
He has a small This England book from around a hundred years ago, and slowly he is recreating the scenes.
 
 
Today' shot was originally taken of the Cathedral with a beautiful water meadow in the foreground.
It was impossible to recreate the scene due to the number of buildings now in the way..although the constant flooding of Sainsbury's car park was evidence of the area once being a water meadow.
 
 
This river was the source of the water flooding, but today we were able to enjoy a pleasant walk along the river without it being too soggy underfoot.
 
 
 
The walk round was very pleasant even if the air was rather damp
 
 
 
 
 
We managed to fit in a quick browse through the pretty lanes and unique shops
 
 
 
 
Before going to collect Teen One we had a whistle stop visit to my sister in laws office...what a beautiful view she has!
 
 
Then it was back to the Uni to wait for Teen One coming out.
She enjoyed her afternoon and its now a waiting game.
 
 
The journey home was more pleasant than the outgoing one...although rather rainy.
I spent the car journey both ways knitting....I now have a bag full of "bits" which I  will show you soon in their full glory....if I can work the pattern out!
 
Daily Blessing
Wednesday March 9, 2016
Today's Promise:
   But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment