Friday, 4 March 2016

The Things Kids Say!

 
 
Today was one of those pottering around days.
By 10.30am I seemed to have done loads... but didn't really have much to show for it!
However, it was good to get into some corners and behind some pieces of furniture...how the dust gets so thick so quickly is beyond me!
One job I have been trying to get it for a few days is giving the washing machine a "service wash"with soda crystals.
We live in an area of very hard water, so limescale builds up very quickly...and no matter how rigid I am about keeping the door open, removing the drawer each time the load is finished, my new machine is developing a slight mould growth  already, but having seen my neighbours machine recently... I realised how good mine looks!
The soda crystals must be doing something...and look at how frothy it is...really looks like its doing a good job doesn't it.
 
 
At the children's Friday club tonight, we started doing a craft relating to the story and instead did a Mothers Day craft...here in the UK Mothers Day is this weekend.
I printed off these worksheets...which all the children loved doing.
One of the questions is "my mums favourite thing to do is..."
We had these as  a few of the answers:
 
go to the cinema and eat popcorn
bake
go to McDonalds
pick flowers
sleep
 
I hope they make their mums smile as much as it made me smile.
 
During our story ( the start of the Easter story) we were thinking about some of the things the Lord Jesus had done to make the people happy...one child said "He made the world" another child responded "no, Mother Nature made the world" to which another child said....and I hope this doesn't offend anyone... it is slightly irreverent but said in all innocence..."no God made the world...but Mother Nature is His girlfriend!"
 
 
 
Daily Blessing
Friday March 4, 2016
Today's Psalm:
   Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.



2 comments:

  1. As you say 'the things kids say!!! Something quite nice about mother nature being the girl friend. Xx

    ReplyDelete