Saturday, 12 March 2016

Starfish Gazing!

 
Today was a prequel to Teen Two's birthday.
As it falls on a Sunday it's hard to make it a special day and fit in all our  church responsibilities...so birthday treats are spread over the two days in years like this.
He had asked a couple of months ago if we could visit Yo Sushi for his birthday meal...so that's was our first port of call
He really loves it here, which truly amazes me!
Yes, there are some dishes he wouldn't want...the ones laden with salad, but the chicken and noodles dishes as well as the traditional seaweed wrapped sushi ( with no sign of raw fish!) are really popular with him.
 
Hubby is probably more particular about his dishes...not being a fish fan  (even the cooked variety!)
 
 
Teen One chose this simple dessert..which was pureed rice and strawberry cheesecake...it was very soft squishy and melted in the mouth...mmm!
 
 
After lunch it was time for his next treat...a film he has been eager to hit the screens...
Kung Fu Panda 3.
We went to a new cinema and the seats had so much leg room it was bliss!
 
 
I always love the walk through this shopping centre, with the beautiful tactile bronze animals everywhere...I cant resist a stroke as I go by!
 
 
 
I had read in the paper that thousands of starfish are currently being washed up on our shores here in the south, so after our excursion to the cinema, we set off to do some starfish gazing!
The sun was beautiful and the air still...perfect for a walk and the sun so beautiful on the beach huts.
 
 
To start with we saw nothing but shells...
 
 
 
....more shells....
 
 
...until finally we found our first starfish!
 
 
And then a few more.
I have spent my whole life living by the sea, but this is the first time I have seen starfish in their natural habitat...it was quite exciting!
 
 
Seeing the starfish reminded me of a story I heard years ago and have since tried to live by....making a small difference to some ones life....I can't help all the needy people out there...but we can all start by helping those we rub shoulders with day by day.
And yes...we did throw a starfish back in the sea!
 
Daily Blessing
Saturday March 12, 2016
Today's Promise:
   It shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.
 
 
 
 
 



2 comments:

  1. What a lovely day you've all had!! Both your teens must have a host of memories to look back on. A Jacqui Lawson card will be winging its way to teen two followed closely by a 'proper' card and a little gift for the forthcoming holiday!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete