Wednesday, 2 March 2016

So What Would You Do With These Marbles?

 
 
So today was Teen One's second Uni interview...this time it was her number one choice, so there was a lot riding on today.
We had already heard from Brighton that she  unfortunately had  not been successful, so every other interview coming up was going to count even more, we knew that across the country the course was seriously over subscribed, we hoped this was not going to be a familiar theme.
We knew that today's interview was going to consist of a group task where a mystery object was given to the applicants and they were  then given time to think of a way to use it in a lesson.
Teen One had said in the car...."give me a random object to think about" and one of them was a marble.
After Teen One's interview she said " you'll never guess what the mystery object was...marbles!"
We were thrilled to learn that in the group discussion she put forward an idea which the rest of the group decided to use.
 
 
 
 
 
Whilst the applicants were in for their interviews, Hubby and I spent time chatting to another set of parents in the Costa Coffee lounge.
I didn't know Costa sold soup and when I saw "Pea and Mint" soup just knew it would be something I would love...and did I love it!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Within half an hour of being home Teen One was amazed to get an email from the Uni giving her an offer!
Whilst we know she still has to meet the grade criteria with her A levels, we are thankful to the Lord for bringing her this far.
It still feels like a dream, she has always wanted to go to this Uni, so to be given an offer so soon is brilliant!
The student ambassador who gave us the campus tour mentioned she was doing her placement in our home town...when I asked what school...it as Teen One's infant school...which is opposite our house!
So its very likely Teen One's placement will be there, as they try and place you as close to home as possible!
 
 
 
 
On a more mundane subject....Hubby has made the most of being home and painted the kitchen and bathroom radiator....I hadn't realised how rusty and grey the looked until they were painted!
 
 
Daily Blessing
Wednesday March 2, 2016
Today's Psalm:
   I will extol thee, my God, O king; and I will bless thy name for ever and ever. Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever.

2 comments:

  1. So pleased for teen one you must all be thrilled. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its fantastic news - now teen 1 has something to aim for xx

    ReplyDelete