Tuesday, 23 February 2016

The Value of Prayer

 
 
Today has been bright and sunny...and I managed to get a line of whites on the line!
My Recycled Teenager next door was a little confused this morning...he seemed to think his electrics weren't working...but they were, he said he hadn't been able to make his breakfast as no power...but I found the warm remains of half a cup of tea.
He just wanted his son to come and sort out the electrics...so being unable to persuade him all was well...I called his son.
It seems he was partly right, the central heating hadn't come on, but that was it....it was obviously enough to confuse him, poor chap.
I popped in a couple of hours later and all was well.
 
 
I popped into town briefly, then back home in time for my friend coming in her lunch hour.
We shared a steaming bowl of SkinnyLiscious Fragrant Thai Carrot which is very scrummy and currently on offer £1 at Morrisons.
Yesterday Teen One and I shared their  New England Butternut Squash soup....very yummy and putting me in the mood for our up and coming visit over there!
 
 
This afternoon I made a chicken pie with the left overs of Sunday's roast, with our all time favourite condensed mushroom soup for the sauce.
Check out these recipes for more ideas on how to use this versatile and cheap kitchen store cupboard essential!
 
 
There are always plenty family and friends to pray for, and this week has thrown up two unexpected items...one good....Grandma and Grandad are eager to downsize and after much waiting, have got two viewings this week...
the not so good is the sister at church who is my right arm as far as all the children's work is concerned has been taken ill on holiday.
We don't know what is wrong, just that she had to visit Hillingdon Hospital and is not expecting to be home in the near future.
 
 
 
Daily Blessing
Tuesday February 23, 2016
Today's Psalm:
   The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
 

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your neighbours confusion. We all hope it won't happen to us, but we can't be sure! Hope your back is better today. It seemed odd to read about someone going to Hillingdon Hospital!!! Hopefully your friend will recover soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, that name gets me every time as well...it feels like it belongs to our family alone!

      Delete
  2. Hope that all is well with your friend x

    ReplyDelete